Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Possible BB of ZF LSD's THIS IS CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF DEMAND

oldbutnotslow

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malcolm,

I was hesitant for the same reason but decided on Quaife based on the road miles I do. It is the quiter option with better road manners but will still be a major benefit on the track(provided I dont lift the inner wheel too often). I feel I would not be happy with the noise of the ZF.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

How about the other interested parties......were you just joking

Absolutely not joking. I stated right form the start I was provisional, and if this goes ahead in the next few weeks, then I'm definatley not going to be taking part.

Lack of £££'s is no Joke *mad*

All,

My ZF is hardley any noisier than my previous open diff. I just get a slight clonk every now and again. I don't even notice it. Unless you've got a really quiet 7 (does such a thing exist!) I really dont think that noise is an issue.

If you do any track work, especially competitively then you should go for the ZF IMHO.

BRG De-dion, 2Ltr Dunnel Zetec 165, now with slippy diff 😬

Malcolm

I could still be swayed to the ZF. *confused*It doesn't look like there are anywhere near 15 Quaife customers.

On the restoration front, I have had 'Dents' improved and repaired the Riv nuts that were damaged.

The 3 fibreglass items are being painted this week so I should get them fitted soon.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

That begs the question as to how many are needed for any deal on the ZF units, for me the timescale is not that important.

I am assuming that if Grant had received 15 interested parties (ready to pay a deposit interested) then he would have advertised the fact, given the amount of effort he has put in so far.

Thanks

Neill A

New 7 Owner

1996 VX 2.0

There is no additional discount with ZF for bulk orders. I bought some a while back and the price is excellent anyway. We're just waiting for ZF to have sufficient stock to be able to satisfy the backlog with their other clients before dealing with us but it is turning out to be a long slow process. I had to wait about 6 weeks last time its much worse this time. I have had an order with them sice long before this thread even started ☹️

BC

Based on that then, is the ZF price confirmed?

he said in a "still keen to go in this direction, but not wanting to pressure those who are working hard on this, and a happy to wait until its all confirmed..." kind of way.

Andy.

OK as Bob has said the price is the price so we don’t need to be worried about numbers. However there is an issue over when units will become available via Bob.

Just to reiterate CC have said that they will give a 10% discount for an order of 10. This may be the route to go down for those who need to get their hand on the units sooner rather than later providing we have the numbers

I will now look at who has confirmed that they wish to go this route and put up a post on this.

As far as the Quaife BB is concerned I will post the names of those who have confirmed that they are willing to commit money in the same way.

Finger Xed that there are enough.

More anon

Grant

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

here

We need to pull this together. I would like to do this in the next 10 days.

We seem to have 9 confirmed with one possible for the Quaife

The list of those who have confirmed that they are willing to commit money for the Quaife as at 23.11 are: -

1) Neil Cavanagh

2) Ray Pearce

3) Dave The polisher Horridge

4) Delbert

5) Niel Williams

6) Paul White

7)Geoff Bullman

8) Sandy

9) John Howe

10) Neil Anderson

11) Nicolas (Marcos59)

12) Mike Harrison

13) Tor Atle

14) Martin Saunders

GTD, Fathead, Dominic Hall Jason (AKA Jnessling),Chris Hawkins and Mav have replied saying no.

Will the following (who previously expressed an interest please let me have a note of their intention: -

Bricol

Griff

Martin S

Lesley Mills

Nigel Mills

(We will get into who wants supply only or the unit fitted later)

There is always the possibility that with only 9 confirmed buyers Quaife will revise the price. I don’t want to talk to them until I know for sure about the others, so please gat back to me as soon as you are able with your intention.

If you want to add your name to the list there is still time!

The following have indicated interest in the ZF

ME

Martin Woodham

Dave McCulloch

Andy A

Richard (in France)

Malcolm Hickley (Englishman in Wales)

CC indicated a 10% discount on the basis of 10 confirmed orders which we dont have.

We would probably get some sort of discount from CC for 5 but I know that Martin Woodham is content to wait to see if Bob Corbishly will be able to get his hands on any as am I.

On this basis it looks as though the ZF order will not go ahead with CC. However, if you are prepared to say definitely to me that you will buy, as I will have to put up the money in advance with Bob Corbishly, we could ask him to try to get 5 units.

The price via Bob is not guaranteed but if it comes off is likely to be substantially less that the CC route. (See previous post.)

Dave, Andy and Richard are you willing to go the Bob Corbishly route if he is willing to do this for us and are you prepared to commit to buy (not knowing exactly what the price will be!)

Please post on here.

Grant

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 28 Nov 2005 14:32:30