Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Possible BB of ZF LSD's THIS IS CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF DEMAND

oldbutnotslow

Martin, I've not tried to negotiate a price with Quaife (or anyone else) other than to ask Quaife for a price for 1 unit just as a benchmark. The price I have been quoted by Quaife for 1 is: -

Unit £495

Fitting £70

£565

+ VAT £99

Total £664

(I've just corrected an earlier error! *eek* )

Your supplier indicated £440 + vat and assuming the same £70 fitting charge, this comes to £600 including the VAT

I wont start to negotiate with Quaife until next week by which time I will have a better understanding of likely numbers but if we can get to 10, I would be hoping to get the price down to £550 all in.

Grant

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 14 Oct 2005 14:24:05

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kent 7 I want a dry sump as well as revised ratios in my type 9 box curtesy of Brian Hills and like you I am unsure which to do first.

However I have a Hellier baffle and an appolo fitted and I am please dto say I am not suffering with any oil pressure fluctutions even using slicks and I am using a SPA gauge so I think that what I am seeing will be accurate

I am fairly sure that I am going to get the gearbox and LSD done first but will probably go ahead with one of the Pace DS BB's.

Shall I put you down as a possible?

Grant

here

I am pretty interested, would like the Quaife as of all the diffs I have tried in the past, in other cars, it is the most progressive and the least awkward on the overrun. Does suffer a little if you lift the inner wheel thru excessive roll/lack of droop travel but is benign!

Can be a little noisey due to all the gears in there but seem to be strong and long lasting.

Were used in the old GKN casing in early TVR Griiffith and Chimaera and contributed to the excellent traction. Better than the current HydraTrak as used in them now, same as in Monaro I believe also.

Must check back every now and then for prices and hope you can get a discount, would prefer Quaife to fit as then a one stop shop (and no one else to blame).

Thanks

Neill A

New 7 Owner

1996 VX 2.0

You are on the list as a possible Neil *thumbup*

The price will include the fitting of the unit into your casing by Quaife. I expect the price if not fitted will be £50 or £60 lower. However I would suggest that fitting and setting up will be beyond most people and for what is a modest amount you have the peace of mind of knowing that its been set up by the manufacturer and if something should go wrong you can return it to Quaife.

Grant

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 17 Oct 2005 19:58:05

Jason you are on the list.

OK the price of the unit should be the same but fitting costs will be slightly different. The indicated fitting costs are for the Sierra diffs.

I have asked for a big discount so lets see what happens *eek*

I have a call into Quaife and hope to be able to post with a price very shortly.

Grant

here

Edited by - oldbutnotslow on 21 Oct 2005 10:19:28