Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

List 1A for Xflow live axle

DW

• Area Representative

David,

Why do you want list 1a tyres? - Are you planning on competing?

You don't say what size wheels you have or are planning on using - If you are planning on competing, most of the winning in the club championship this year, for cars requiring list 1a tyres, has been done on 15" wheels. However, for road use, I'd stick to 13 or 14" wheels - The ride on my 195/45-15's is quite harsh - the taller profile tyres give a better ride, with 60 series being a good compromise.

Yes, would like to do a few sprints next year. Currently got A021s 185/70/13 on 13x6 wheels. Tyres need replacing, so wanted to plan ahead.

I definately won't be setting the field alight, and I'm not planning any upgrades to the car, so will be competing against myself. The car's a bog standard 135bhp 1700 cc Xflow standard pistons, wet sump *eek*. I have adjustable Spax dampers, so can change ride height if needed.

So a set of A539s 185/60/13 on my existing wheels and a 1700 Xflow, I can run in Class 2?

A separate question - when signing up for sprints, are the numbers limited by class? Do you have to be quick of the mark to register, or is there usually space?

• Area Representative
So a set of A539s 185/60/13 on my existing wheels and a 1700 Xflow, I can run in Class 2?
YES.

when signing up for sprints, are the numbers limited by class?
NO

Do you have to be quick of the mark to register, or is there usually space?

The clubs Curborough events normally fill up pretty quickly, and you normally have to get your entry posted within the first few days (however, I think everyone who wanted a run got a run at both events this year).

Llandow and MIRA will always have plenty of space. Events where we are an invited championship may have limitations to the number of entries they'll accept. It always pays to get your entry in as soon as possible. If you're quick, you should be OK. I've never failed to get an entry for an event.

Class 2 is a great class, and normally very well supported at the club events.

Don't think about it - DO IT

In case you haven't come across this on the speed events forum, you might like to read this if you ar ethinking about sprinting:

http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?Id=90508

It goes to show that you do not have to be winning the class to have fun - I should know, as many of the youngsters in class 2 will tell you - and no doubt as my daughter will telling me next year as well 😬 😬 😬.

Mike