Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Question for the Duratechies

Casbar

Popped over to Goodwood yesterday to see the trackday.

Of all the cars there, the one with the most induction noise seemed to be the Duratec (apart that is; from a great sounding Vx) *thumbup*

How does the Duratec fair with drive by noise meters *confused* Is it only useable on louder circuits *confused*

Is the induction noise a lot less in the SV body, where the throttle bodies are enclosed *confused*

I've been thrown off at Donington and Bedford autodrome for drive by noise and I reckon my exhaust is very quiet so yes induction noise is a problem. I'm investigate the effects of a simple carbon airbox to overcome it.

Yes I think an SV (wihtout the bonnet cutout) would be fine on noise.

Who's Duratec was at Goodwood?

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures here

Casbar

On my car I notice the induction quite a but the exhaust almost not at all. I have one of those nice Raceco 7.25" titanium silencers. 😬

I have the airfilters stuck out in the fresh air. An airbox is the only way to go to get noise down.

AMMO

I'm interested in how the Duratec will cope with quiet circuits. If the noise police get their way, circuits will be subject to even more noise restrictions.

As with most engines, you can get the noise from the exhuast sorted, but its induction noise that's the killer. So, is the only way to go with the Duratec to have it fitted in an SV body *confused*

If you go for an airbox in a standard body car, is there room to fit it, without the bonnett cutout *confused*

Its great having a new engine, which gives loads of grunt and little or no reliability problems, but if you can't get your car on the track, its seems to be a bit of a waste!

For the road, its not an issue *cool*

As mentioned above, very little exhaust noise, but quite a bit from the induction. However I have had no noise police problems at the 10 or so track days I have done with the beast so far.

As mine isn't an SV I guess I'll have to go with an airbox if I do have a problem. The bonnet cut out size is academic anyway... there ain't a standard size 😬

I had more noise problems with the Xflow that used to reside under the bonnet that I do with the Duratech (A Raceline 220bhp 2 Litre)

Next stop Anglesey on the 29th Oct to make some more noise *thumbup*

One of the Duratectives

The Duratec at Goodwood (sounded glorious) seemed to be noiser than the R500's. Only a Vx seemed to top it *cool*

I was talking to the chap who owned it, he said it was a 2.3 producing around 280 bhp. It was an Ammo engine.

Looked the dogs though *thumbup*