Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Modify s/s or go for SLR

Flying kiwi

I am the proud owner of a 1.8 S/S 12 months old, however i want as ever more power

The qustion is which route do i go? either rebulid my existing engine, which i would need dry sump, lsd , lightened flywheel etc etc, Or should i go and see the bank manager and buy an SLR?.By the way Caterham have advised me not to bastadize my car as it will affect the resale value, and of course they want to sell me a new car. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Mad kiwi.

Why not remove the 1.8ss and store it (if possible). Buy a K series and modify it to your heart's content and then you can always switch back to the original (low mileage) if and when you decide to sell the car.

You can gradually build the new engine with no out of service seven in the interim.

Good point on the storing of my engine. I have just returned from a visit to Caterham [midlands], and Chris has specked an SLR built with all the bits on i need for a little over 30k, Or alternatley i can have the one for sale in the showroom for 27k except it hasn`t got a dry sump. I need more advice on what to do re upgrading my existing car and approx costs before i go and blow cash and maybe a divorce, A good point in buying new is i can paint the new car the same color as the one i have now so when i bring it home my wife will be none the wiser, [apart from the number plate].

Mad kiwi.

"Ba Ba Blacksheep have you any wool" Is this

a romantic poem in N.Z.

Reckon you ought be up-grading to a 4x4 Kiwi how

you going to catch your next "wooly jumper" in SLR

you just won't have the off road performance needed to pull!!

Check out the link below if you want to get excited!!!!!

http://www.easirider.co.uk

Wonder if they do them for Seven's? Now that would be "Kiwi heaven"!!!

W7 VHP

Beagle, You shouldn`t mock until you have tried, There is nothing like lamb on a cold winters day or evening, 4x4 seven now that sounds like fun however look at what Audi, Volvo and BMW have done with there attempts at creating a 4x4. Jokes on spokes.

Mad kiwi.