Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Ali skin repairs and heater options

Ade Ray

Does anyone know (roughly) what I should be paying Arch Motors for a replacement ali side skin? The car is having the other panels replaced already and some chasis work and therefore the car is going fully stripped eek.gif down.

Also ... The space in my car where I would normally have a fresh air heater is occupied by an accusump. has anyone experimented, successfully or otherwise with any other methods of providing cabin heat!

Thanks smile.gif

Make the world a better place, hug an estate agent

Dear J

I must be desperate as I was reading your reply and thinking - mmmmm that could work.

I do not want to appear ungrateful but I was hoping for some suggestions that incorporated buttons/heating element/built in fan connected together in a genius yet simple fashion that an engineering idiot like me could fashion out of tin foil and sticky back plastic.

Well if you insist on an over engineered solution...

I remember seeing a neat heater/fan assembly in a kit car component brochure. I'm not too sure big an accusump is, nor where is exactly its mounted, but maybe it would fit along side it. Certainly in the picture it looked smaller than the caterham one.

I'm pretty sure it was Europa catalogue; are they still going?

If you insist on the sticky back plastic, I guess you could make some ducting from old toilet rolls, and there are some recent threads on what colour buttons on the dash should be.

J

Edited by - James Arnold on 3 Dec 2001 19:08:25