Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ceramic exhaust manifold coatings inside and out

edmandsd

I'm proposing to send my manifold off to be ceramic coated although have heard it can crack easily. Apparently the thinner the coating the less likely it will crack. Company also offer to chemically clean inside (if not caked) and do the same ceramic coating inside. Has anyone had this treatment.......... and cracking problems ? Is doing the inside worthwhile ? I was going to get it black-chromed like the modern performance bikes but couldn't find a conmpany to do it.

It's designed to keep underbonnet temperatures down (like exhaust wrap) and the internal coating is supposed to keep the exhaust gases hotter so they flow quicker.

Personally I'm getting it done coz it looks nice and stops mild steel from going rusty !! Any other benefits are a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

Earlier this year I was quoted for my 4:2:1, inside and out (note inside is 30% extra. see web site prices which are 2 years old!) £130 plus vat & carriage charges. For the extra few notes I let SBD take care of it. I was glad in the end because there was a fault which they spotted and sorted prior to delivery.