Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Property near Castle Combe

Griff

How about a good-size garage & workshop with two more rooms above (perfect for your Caterham and other projects) which comes complete with a 3-bed excellent 18th century house in a quiet and crime-free location right on the border of the Cotswolds?

Castle Combe circuit is just 5 miles away (also Merlin Motorsport, Circuit Motors etc), Hullavington Airfield just 1 mile and M4/J17 just 3 miles. There's even a Caterham friendly MoT garage 2 miles down the road, brilliant pubs and plenty of quiet back lane in the area.

What more do you need in life? My better half has the answer to this one

It's not pink, it's medium red violet... 😬

Edited by - Griff on 7 Oct 2005 07:27:00

I thought Horsham was suburbia - this is definitely the country! I live 3 miles from the office and the only traffic jam is the occassional combine harvester 😬

Any yes Peter, it's my house. Had it for around 4 years. No circuit noise here as we're a few miles away. And Combe is now so quiet that the villagers' lawnmowers make more racket. The council inspector had to ask them to be switched off last time he visited so he could get a noise reading from the track

It's not pink, it's medium red violet... 😬

I heard that Combe are not going to appeal against the noise abatement order, too concerned about the thousands it will cost in legal fees and with no certain chance of success ☹️ It does only affect 1 meeting a year, but it is one of their biggest and therefore makes a bit of money for them. Poor old Howard, he's such a nice guy and does so much to try and add to the local community.

Anyway, back to the house - it looks great and I have discussed it with SWMBO but until the kids are through school we're not moving! It is an area I would consider moving to in the future though.

Roadsport build photo's here

Le Mans 2004 photo's here