Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AP Clutch fitment for K series

7 wonders of the world

In an attempt to save some dosh I've been some digging for the best supply on these, Norman reccomended Questmead (Thanks Norman) who can supply the parts numbers off the AP website (cover CP3748-6, plate CP2257-9) less the CRB, however CC are insistant thet their plate CP2257-44 has uprated springs and the other is not suitable!

Has anyone used CP3478-6 with CP2257-9 in there car does it work, or has anyone had a failure? *confused*

Is there a difference? or merely different part number and a CC price ! *confused*

CRB seems to be closed shop via CC though

Thanks in advance *biggrin*

According to HowStuffWorks.com.... here

Note the springs in the clutch plate. These springs help to isolate the transmission from the shock of the clutch engaging.

Sooo, if the springs in the stock-unit are weaker, I'd guess they run through their travel that much easier - and so transfer more 'shock' to the transmission.

I have *no* idea how much of a bad idea this is.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Heavier radial springs will give better "shock absoring" when the drive is taken up, so less judder. Heavier diaphragm will give more pressure on the plate - less slip.

Comp clutches don't have the radial springs so are prone to judder, and of course, the solid plate gives them the on/off switch charateristic.

Alan at QM trates me as trade and gives me 20% off. I've tried to get him to give this to club members but he says he isn't set up for that type of thing.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

I have the latest AP clutch cover sitting infront of me the cover is CP3748-13 and the plate CP 2257-44 listed as clutch kit caterham. It replaced CP3748-3 sorry I do not have the old plate number but can confirm that its identical to the latest one. The CP3748-13 is 0.25Kg lighter than the old one and AP have made some effort at balancing the cover. Cost from CC is £150 plus vat.