Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Immobiliser removal

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I will be removing my MEMS ECU this month to replace with an Emerald and want to remove the immobiliser as well (to sell as a unit). Does the Rover immobiliser work only with the ECU or does it immobilise through another circuit as well.

What I really want to know is can I just remove the immobiliser?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Not entirely sure what you are asking.

The immob only acts on the ECU - it does not disable anything else (you can still turn the engine over for instance).

The immob can be used with the Emerald.

As you are aware, the immob and Rover MEMS are paired, but can be reprogrammed if your buyer needs to use a mismatched pair (IYSWIM)

The conversation between the immob and the ecu takes place through the loom...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Support Team

Myles - thanks you've answered my question - it only operates on the ECU.

I have had a better immobiliser fitted so will sell the ECU and immobiliser as a matched pair as that is easier and cheaper for the buyer

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Before I make a big mistake can someone please confirm that the immobiliser is the black plastic box bolted inside the scuttle on the driver's side - it has Lucas stickers on it.

Thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

You can't hotwire the car - the immobiliser sets something in the ECU. You can do all you like to the immobiliser after that but the car won't start.

I just need to make sure the box I described above is the one I need to give to the purchaser of my ECU.

I can remove the details once someone confirms it to me. I need to know by the end of today.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I'm *pretty* darned sure that's it, but maybe someone who has removed/replaced one could confirm.

Actually, why don't you phone up CC's technical help line - they've sorted me out with almost all the info. I've asked for (reminds me that they failed to call back regarding the R400 cage sill mounts....)

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

you can sell the imobiliser and ecu as a matched pair , then go down the breakers and get another imobiliser and plippers and put that on the car , then fit the Emerald ecu .

Then in the emerald options you can tell the emerald to learn the imobiliser signal from the "new" unit - *thumbup*

*smile*

• Support Team

Dave - please tell me is the box I described the immobiliser? I already have a new immobiliser fitted so not worried about that. I just need to know I am removing the correct piece of equipment.

Cheers,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32