Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiper failure

WD

After 12K miles the wipers failed at a most inappropriate time. *mad*This to me does not seem like a lot of miles as far as wipers are concerned. This happened during a weeks holiday in the far North and at Achnasheen during a good Scottish deluge which made for an interesting run home *eek*

Having now stripped it down the 'spiral' drive cable has broken about 75mm from the motor drive just at the bend in the tube.

(The last time I saw this arrangement was in a Morris Traveller in the 70's.)

Does anyone know if CC supply only the cable only or do you have to buy the whole assembly and can it be purchased elsewhere 🤔

yep - we have had 2 go. I thing Caterham sell the part seperately now - about £15 - if not from there, there is another supplier that sells chrome headlamps etc - can't remember the name - but they also sell them for about £15.

Make sure it is all well greased when you re-assemble.

Fun to get to it isn't it! See top of the page here *smile*

www.mycaterham.com

here

87,756 miles in 4 years - 1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Thanks guys.

Phoned CC and ordered the drive cable today, unfortunately they don't hold them as a stock item and have to get them from the supplier which seems a bit surprising as failure seems to be more common than I thought.

I have since found that SVC also supply spares for them (same price).

Well the delay will give my ribs time to heal following the contortions to get the broken one out