Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live Axle - Boot!!!!

cskip

Clive

Yes its fairly easy to drop the back half of the boot by a couple of inches. The position of the front half is dictated by the Ali panels that house the top shocker mounts, although could be moved if these were modified.

I cut the boot board just to the rear of the curve ali panels then dropeed vertically down a couple of inches - ali profile from B&Q can be used to make the necessary 90 degree pieces. The back part of the boot then now rests on the lowest edge of the horizontal member running across inside the rear panel.

Approx size increase of 1 cu.ft. Use fuels pace for storing tools etc.

Plenty of scope to grab even more space, but becomes a bit more complicated to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

When i rebuild in 99, I spoke with Arch and got hold of some replacement rear turrets, I think early DeDion. These are the same depth as the DeDion boot (!) and a bit bit of minor fettling had them fitted. As I have a 10 gallon tank, the rearmost portion of the boot floor is slightly higher than the frontmost part but the combination is a BIG improvement.

Travellin' Man

Tony Boyd

97,000 miles in 6 years!

Whilst planning this myself this winter, I mentioned it to my father who came up with the very simple solution of cutting large hole(s) in the plywood base and dropping in some off the shelf tupperware boxes. This seemed a good idea to me, wish it was mine!

You could even keep the lids so you can seal in some food on trips - just don't blame me if you find some 3 year old cheese in the future!

Phil Waters

1600 X/flow - soon to be 2000 Zetec wink.gif