Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How to fill holes in carbon

MartinB

The builder of my car mounted the carbon cycle wings too far forward which means I have got really bad stone chips on the rear arches.

I wish to fix this but need to know, whats the best way of filling the current mounting holes or the indicator mounting holes. I would hope that the repair could be unspotable unless closeley examined.

I dont think you could achieve a good job of filling the holes in the carbon wings sad.gif.

Why not remove the wing from the stay , place the bolts back in their holes and bond the wing back onto the stay in the desired position ??

You could of course run the risk of the wing flying off if the bond is not perfect - se other thread .

dave

Dave's right. You can't fix holes in carbon.

The poition of the wings has zero effect on stonechips. The stones all get propelled from immediatley behind the tyre contact patch, not halfway up the back of the tyre!

Maybe buying some carbon rear wings is a better idea? Unpainted they are considerably better at resisting damage than paintede or GRP wings.

I do know where there are some cheap undrilled front wings going though for around £250 the pair.... email me offline.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>