Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle AVO dampers and springs

Shaun_E

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have had Ledas on my car for the last 2 years. They work really well (much better than the billies I had on before). No corrosion problems at all so far and the service from the factory is excellent. They turned them around with new bump stops and a new rod in a week recently (the damaged rod was my fault... just ham fisted)

Getting the spring rates right took a while as the first set of rears they supplied were too soft, now pretty much spot on. (for a widetrack car try something like 225 / 150 or 250 / 170 F / R for a resonable road / track compromise.. I know others prefer the rears much harder for track use.. but mine gets used a lot on the road too.

Yes they are a little heavier than some, but the build quality, performance and factory backup are second to none.

Recommended *thumbup*

One of the Duratectives

They are all 'above' the Spax that came with my car!

My Freestyle/AVO set suited the funds available, the support from Len was great (even while he was shopping at Sainsburys), they were easy to fit, the handling of the car is transformed and I have had no problem with them .

*thumbup* for Freestyle

To be fair, my AVO's do seem to give the right kind of handling/comfort compromise for me and I have nothing but praise for the help I received from Gary including his setting up skills but I just feel there are sufficient reports of inconsistency in quality of the dampers to be concerned.

I guess it comes down to the old adage about 'getting what you pay for'

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬