Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Garaging for the winter

Nigel Hooper

Drive it through the winter - mine is my only car and I've done it through two winters - was surprised how well the 115hp 1600K behaved in slippery conditions *thumbup* *thumbup*.

Should be interesting this year - it's now a 140hp 1800K which seems to lose it's back end with very little provocation 😳

Pat Neale - my wiper drive also broke this year - Redline made the same comment about the angle that you did.

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

Chris,

A little tip on the brake light switch

I had the switch fail on both my old car and the new one

I was not so surprised on the new one as I have fitted a high level set of brake lights under the roll bar.

I figured that I might be overloading the switch.

I have put in a head light relay along side the brake pedal under the black cover and the old switch suitably cleaned up now works fine.

There is the added advantage of a slight "click" on applying and releasing the brakes so you know the switch is working !! Cost less than a £5er

Hugh (Patrick Neale) Robinson

Have had mine for 8 years.I pump up tyres, take battery out ,stick it in a carcoon and that is it.Always started first time in Spring,despite being kept in a damp garage.And if am a wimp for not driving it all year round I couldn't care less.I do manage to put more miles on it than many of the pampered cars I see.It's a personal thing.

I drove all last winter whilst in the first flush of love, i took out shares in Waxoyl because i'd shoved so much in.

Over the summer i've used it a reasonable amount but whilst i store my 65 bus (i only take off battery squirt wd40 underneath and in plugs and leave handbrake off and in 14 years she starts first time , everytime after 7 months stored) i really am with the drive it lot, what's the point of storing it when there's all those fantastic winter days, salt? down here in the west about twice a year these days.

I'd use the bus more as well but it's just unpleasant in winter as it has no heating and it's too fragile