Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

tillet fitting

julians

Hopefully will be fitting some tillet seats this weekend, however as my car has the old style leather seats it lacks the reinforcing channels of the newer style seats.

Caterham are sending me a set of reinforcing channels with the seats (which apparently are riveted to the underside of the floor, but how is this done without it looking a mess, ie having rivets sticking up all over the place), so could somebody email a photo or two or how the tillets/new style seats are fitted to the floor and how the reinforcing channels are fitted the the floor, both from underneath the floor and from inside the car.

to jrs@swiftmark.co.uk

TIA

Julian

I had the old leather seats. I found the best way to fit the tillet seat was to use the front-rear steel straps from a leather seat (above the sliding runners), and get them widened. By doing this, they can be made to fit the mounting holes in the seat AND the existing mounting holes on the chassis cross members. This loses the adjustment of the tillet seat, but you can drill several sets of holes in the straps to allow for adjustment on removing the seat. Benefit - no drilling new holes in cross members or peppering the floor with holes