Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Silencers

PAUL MARRIOTT

I'm haveing a 4-2-1 exhaust made up for my 1800k by EBD, I would like a repackable silencer made up that I can do a straight bolt on bolt off swop with the standard box with cat, for the MOT (I know the debate but want to be sure.). EBD can adapt the standard silence and make up a repackable for me, but I would like to look at a couple of options. Anybody got any suggestions?

Paul M

K7 PDM

speak to Rob Day, he had a manifold made by EBD but kept the standard silencer. He may have looked at having a silencer done. David Hooper is also looking into this.

david.m.hooper@jpmorgan.com

Rob.Day@ABERDEEN.EntOil.com

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying smile.gif

Paul - can you let me know if you do go down this route with Dave Hooper as he was trying to arrange a group discount, and I was planning to be in it. However my need is not immediate but if there is some impetus for it then I would stump up the cash

rob

Arnie - fair do's will keep them in mind

just that EBD already have the jig/plans of a very good exhaust manifold and box to fit the K which has given good results and I am all for the tried and tested route. PLus someone was organising the bulk part which meant less hassle for me

rob

I'm going down this route and got my silencer from Raceco in Suffolk. It's absurdly well made, better than the Techcrafts I've seen and lighter too apparently. An absolutely delightful bit of kit and I can't wait to get the manfold to join it up to the car.

All the necessary technical details are on their website here.

I'm getting a powerspeed manifold next week for my 1.6KSS. Will let you know how it goes.

Is the standard silencer (with catalyst) the same length as the race type? I was hoping to keep the possibility of making swaps at MOT time but do not want to compromise the length of the 4-2-1 manifold which, as I understand needs long primaries to get the most out of it.

Should I simply ask for an entire system next week?

James.

P.S. Car is '99 kit built but went through SVA so I'm not sure of the emmisions status w.r.t. MOT.