Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Live axle suspension

shaunsl

I need to replace my shocks this winter and whilst I was at it I thought I might as well uprate the suspension at the same time.

I've got an ex-acadamy 1600 X Flow and I use it mainly for dry country lanes and 4 or 5 track days a year.

Can anyone recommend any particular set-up/items and where I can get them from. I know that's a bit open but I,m new to the car and I'm still trying to find out what's availble for it.

Thanks

Shaun

When you have an hour or two to spare, give James Whiting a call and discuss it with him. He sells Leda shocks (which are a bit pricey), plus a variety of springs to go with them, and knows more about Sevens than almost anyone else you could meet.

Dave H

I fitted Leda's with rose joint at the back. They are very good, and improved the ride. Only advice is, buy direct from Leda, same as the James W spec, but about £50 a corner cheeper.

I also know a mate who fitted Avo's, they are good, but apparently made by the same people who made Spax. There was also a thread earlier in the year, that spoke about Avo's having probs with leaking fluid, but they were re-built at no cost.

You pay your money and take your chances