Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Yoko Tyres

Steve Brown

Yoko will have no size into until end of Marh 2002 at the earliest.

Also note the 215/50/13 A032R is not E Marked although apparently a car got throug SVA with them on - apparently the fact that they met USA spec for a street tyre was OK.

This is the only size to be affected in this way as it is esstially designed as tarmac rally tyre.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

While we're on the subject of tyres, I need to replace the rears on my 1.6KSS. I have a set of 13" with 32Rs for the dry and the track and 14" wheels (the car came with them) for touring / wet. It's the 14" that need replacing. I was planning on 21Rs - any suggestions? Also I'm forever spinning in the wet at the moment. It's probably me being clumsy with the throttle, but should I go for wider rear tyres?

James.

James,

Softer tyres will work better in the wet - 32R's come in 14"

Also do you have an LSD - these can create as many problems in a light car like a Seven as the calibration is normally not appropriate to the car. If your car has a ZF LSD (impossible to tell unless you remove both driveshafts and peer through the hole) you can get the preload and ramp configuration tuned to the cars weight/power.

Eating lots of burgers also assists rear end traction. It is a myth that the SV puts thepower down any better - purely a driver diet thing.....

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

The 048's seem to available in all sorts of sizes in Japan - I've managed to find a whole heap of websites of the japanese maxpower brigade wearing them. One of these featured a Civic with so much additional audio and lighting kit that it might feature in the next remake of Close Encounters....

Miraz

Phoned Yoko yesterday & was reliably informed that 12" & 15" (or was it 16??) will be available "sometime in 2002"; other sizes??? I did wonder whether they would be an alternative to ACB10's but was told they're steel braced radials. However they may be just as good??!!

A friend could not get 14" 021's this very month. He had to settle for

032's. The dealer said more 21's in 14" could arrive in the future.

Having tried them both on the road on 13" rims I find the 021 a more 'compliant' tyre for road/touring use.

032's are more like a racing tyre in feel. They track more and feel more responsive than 021's no doubt about that.