Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class 2 Vs Class 3

Delbert

As far as I can see the only difference between the 2 classes is the tyre choice.

I'm Intending to enter the series next year and the budgets are getting sorted/ fettling undertaken

Now my Road tyres going are 15" Cr500s and have limited mileage on them . I know how my car reacts as these are the only tyres I have used.

Without sight of the Blue Book I'm working on Hearsay but these are a 1b tyre so Class 3

However if other things need to be done I might as well get a set of 13" and bang some 1a tyres on just for sprinting etc.

Also where do I stick the oil catch tank on an Appolo system *confused*

Thoughts please (we will take the SV jokes as read 😬)

"So what We're the Biggest" should not be a Foriegn Policy

Edited by - delbert on 19 Sep 2005 16:10:11

Del...

No-one knows about tyre choices for next year yet as the Stunners were under MSA review for this year! Hopefully they'll stay list 1a! Otherwise, the old choice would have been bridgestones, which are no longer made in 13"....however, they are available in larger sizes!!! So..I'd stick with the standard wheels at the mo mate!

Your CR's are List 1B's so put you in class 3! however, there's a huge difference in the performance of ACB10's in A24 compound over the CR's!

Oil catch tank???? Standard K..no requirement del! well, I haven't got one!

Dannyboy *tongue*

153bhp and 184lb/ft ??????????????????? My arse *tongue*

To be honest Dan, I know what you are saying about competing against superior Tyres but as a wise man said to me recently, £250 spent on some instrution will more than outway £250 spent on the car.

So for the first season I'd quiet happily save some other person the indignity of coming last so I can get more tack time then Whoop all thier Botties the following Year 😬 😬 😬

Anyway it could be a really Wet in a torrential sort of way and I'd have the advantage *confused*

So what We're the Biggest should not be a Foriegn Policy

Well....all the classes are pretty competitive del!! So...it really comes down to what tyres you wanna buy then! 😬

As for tuition......hmm...it's pretty different from track driving! no time to settle in, get tyres warm etc! but yeah, tuition would help a lot! Experience seems to be the key! 4 runs at a hill/ sprint venue is very little time to learn a venue, hence it definately favours the people who've sprinted there before!

I'm sure you'll be fine in class 2 or 3 mate!!

Dannyboy *tongue*

153bhp and 184lb/ft ??????????????????? My arse *tongue*

Del

if your going to drive to the events best go to class 2. Its also cheaper.

Dan is right about waiting to see about tyres for 2006. Stunners are much better in the wet than cr500 and I think have better dry grip also.

To get into the top 5 in class 3 you would need acb 10 a24's. Thats £500 just for rubber, and will only be any good for sprinting (although I have used them the road).

what ever class you go into you will have lots of fun.

David

Delbert - ss cams no problem

for class 2 & 3 the idea is to keep the cars as 'standard' as possible engine wise, so that these classes can attract new comers who don't want to eeither start with a very hugh powered car, or even spend a lot of money having a machine that is competitive...

it will all come down to what size your engine is 1400, 1600 or 1800K, or something else

what you got?

Tis the 140 1800 Roadsport.

All I'm trying to do is minimise my excuses for appauling performance before I start

(yes I have allready seen the flaw in the plan) now as Supersport cams are allowed I need to see if they give me the road benefits as well and I might get them fitted

So what We're the Biggest should not be a Foriegn Policy