Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Great Drives of 2005

david nelson

Kipper Jnr at Curborough in May for taking a Class 2 win and Curborough record in a borrowed car after a titanic struggle with Richard Price and Peter Carmichael (in another borrowed car) 😬

Totally unbiased opinion of course 😬 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Edited by - Kipper on 19 Sep 2005 13:03:46

Hi - Griffs times are stunning and reflect what an excellent and committed driver he is and he would really sort out the Midland Hillclimb class...I think the problem is that the Hayabusa engine means that he would not be eligible for the roadgoing kitcar class ☹️

fyi - I had considered putting the Honda engine in my car but was told quite firmly that I would not be eligible!

cheers

Steve

There is no reason why Griffs car should not be elgible and conversely the same applies to the Blackbird engine. Both have been produced and sold by Caterham as a complete car (in varous parts of the world)

I think Griff may contest the eligibility issue

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Blackbird motorsport did all the development work on the blackbird and the hayabusa not caterham.where kit cars are concerned it is not black and white in the blue book.The first three hayabusa cars produced at blackbird have been racing in the 750 motor club events and other events for at least 4 years.The later ones ie Brodie's,jez's and mine have been about for more than 2 years.There are more hayabusa caterhams about than blackbird and fireblade cars.There will be at least 5 maybe 6 in our club championship next year alone.

GRIFF