Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cage install progress

frankyknuckles

The design of the cage has changed, instead of having tubes which the blts go through, there are now blank 'tabs', so when the cage is in position and the two base posts are located and the 4 forward bolts are in, all you have to do is drill through the tabs in the correct place and then insert bolt.

To do this, I have drilled very small holes through the center of the middle bosses and through the internal panels, when the cage is in place, I plan to drill from the inside out and through the tabs to mark the correct position, then enlarge the hole in the tabs until the bolt goes through.

These new design caged cages are supposed to be 'easy install' cages 😬 Time will tell I suppose *tongue*

So far it has taken me the best part of two days to remove scuttle and inner panels, clear chassis bosses and install new scuttle. It's been great fun *cool*

www.R300.net

Shame that they have weakened the strength of the fixings of the cage to get it to fit. I had to cut off the tube fixings and re weld them to get Tom Hoods cage to fit. Now Frankie what are you gonna do for half doors and boot cover? The nearest fit of boot cover is off a 1997 superlight to fit standard roll bar and without weather gear and the best half door solution is the MOG half doors £135 from fluke Motorsport.

Rob