Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Garage Clearout

cbglos

Most of the following items have come from my 2001 Academy Roadsport 1.6K, which has now done about 6,500 miles and been through a process of gradual upgrades leading to a major engine rebuild in the Spring of this year. Full details of the history of this car can be found at www.bennett.co.uk/cathist.htm.

I’ve tried to price the items according to similar bits I’ve seen on eBay and here.

1. Cylinder head – The bare head with valves only. It has done 6,500 miles and I have been told by John Wilcox that it is in very good condition so would be a good opportunity for a porting project. £100 RESERVED for Mark Gregory

2. 48mm Throttle Body – Aluminium barrel version and a suitable replacement for the earlier plastic barrel variety, which is prone to sticking. £50 SOLD to Gary

3. Caterham 48mm air filter – in very good condition. £10

4. Standard plenum chamber - including fuel rail and injectors. In very good condition. £50

5. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator – I believe this came off a 1.8K and I used it on my 1.6K for a year. It made an appreciable difference to throttle response and provides a measure of adjustability to MEMS equipped engines. £40

6. Caterham/Rover immobiliser & 2 ‘plippers’ – it was working fine when it was removed from the car. £50

7. Caterham/Rover Supersport EU3 ECU & plugs – This ECU is only 2 years old as it was a new replacement for the original part which needed re-programming after the ECU fuse blew. These cost over £400 new and are a very useful spare because I know of a number of other owners who have had to replace their ECUs. £150

8. 4 pistons from a 1.6K – They have done 6,500 miles and are in good condition. £10

9. 5 De Dion fit 13” Minators and 6 CR322s – These are in very good condition and have the polished outer rims with the larger central hub aperture. Two CR322s are almost new while the other four are ‘well scrubbed’ and ready for track/competition. Also included are four ‘superlite’ hub caps. £250 RESERVED for Paul Manning

10. Caterham 7 louvre bonnet in red – No cut out and from Barrie Jennings’ 2001 Academy car. A couple of dents but otherwise quite clean. £50

11. Caterham hood – Ex Barrie Jennings in very good condition. £125 SOLD to Marc

12. Caterham hood bag – Ex Barrie Jennings. £30 SOLD to Ian

13. Pair of Caterham side doors and mirrors – Also ex Barrie Jennings in very good condition. £125 SOLD to Marc

I can email photos of most of these items so just drop me a line at bennettcs@supanet.com

All the items are available for collection 5 minutes from J18 of the M4 (the Bath/Stroud A46 exit). I could post all but the largest items and would charge the actual cost.

Chris Bennett

Edited by - cbglos on 15 Sep 2005 16:07:52

Edited by - cbglos on 15 Sep 2005 16:33:16

Edited by - cbglos on 15 Sep 2005 17:56:25

Edited by - cbglos on 15 Sep 2005 19:01:04

Edited by - cbglos on 16 Sep 2005 22:19:27