Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Silicone Hoses - Where to buy

Andy Best

I am looking for a K Series drysump set of Silicone Hoses. Loads of places advertise them on the net but none seem that keen to supply *thumbdown*. Probably doesn't help that I want them in red as I am sure it will make the car quicker *tongue*.

Can anybody recommend a Northwest or mail order supplier that can deliver in less than six weeks 🤔

Andy

• Support Team

Caterham will supply as will Rally Design and many others - problem is that nearly all only stock them in blue therefore red is a special order. Shouldn't cost you any more but you will have to wait several weeks for them.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Area Representative

Andy

Got my RED hoses from Caterham. They do a pack of 3 i.e. 2 bottom hoises (either side of submarine) an 1 top hose. They also do a J hose (from thermostat) and hose from submarine to bottom of expansion tank, but you have to ask for these separately. To finish the job off you'll then need to buy plain lengths of heater hose and smaller diameter hose for expansion tank. These are available from several sources, but watch out for colour compatibility. Probably better if you can source all hoses from same place.

Suggest you use some good quality hose clips which don't cut into hoses.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Thanks everyone.

After contacting all the 'recommended' places found Rally Designs to be really helpful *thumbup* thanks Evo. Still have to wait 4-5 weeks as the kits a special order from Samco regardless of colour. As Paul says Caterham only supply half the necessary hoses *confused*. Getting all the hoses from one source and slightly less than the RRP, some dealers were adding 15% on top *mad*, just now need to find the hose clips to fit.

Hope my faith in RD is justified. Winter upgraditus has started early 😬

Andy

• 1 year later...

Stu

"Andy - if you need a set of high quality SS jubilee style clips (not the usual crap) I can get some from our tool suppliers "

This was a long time ago, but I am looking to replace my cracked rubber hoses with Samco. What clips are you suggesting?

Thanks

Bruce