Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

VHPD Primaies 4:2:1 CC supplied

Delbert

Having devised a template for cutting the hole based on the info that one of the primaries fits through the current hole I now need to know which one it is

I'd rather know this before stripping out the existing exhaust as I want to mark it all out and then check dims before I finally strip the old exhaust out.

Also is there a gasket between the Primaries and the head I need to replace??

The Liver is an evil organ and deserves to be punished

Delbert,

There is a gasket - replace it if you can find one, but reuse if not.

I'm not sure about your plan for the template though...

...I'd heartily-recommend 'my' method of offering up one of the primaries and eating away at the panel with the tool of your choice until that fits. Then on to the next, tidying up at the end... It probably takes longer than your measure-once, cut and cry - but you are pretty-much guaranteed a decent, even hole...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

When I did mine I can't remember any which fitted exactly. Take off the old primary; I assume you have the old 4:1 under bonnet thing. I reused the gasket. Mask up around the hole to prevent paint damage. Offer up one primary through the hole to the engine & see where it's touching the side skin. Gently relieve; I used a Dremmel. Relieve until it fits with a reasonable gap to allow for engine movement. Do this for the other 3 & then make the big hole look pretty.

Cheers all,

I think I prob will go back to the tried and tested one at a time method seeing as the bright spark who came up with the template plan is on a big flying beer can at the Mo and ZeNA will be low on his list when he finds his 7 is a containor but not in Houston 😬

Listen to me Walett

I'll empty you as often as is required 😳 😳 😳

And as for the Very Nears they are next, all I need is to find somebody local who will do it on a Saturday cos I have to work to fill you and I have run out of Holiday. Perhaps my Area Comandant knows somebody 😬 😬

Excellent choice of Zorst *thumbup* Looks the dogs bits and makes quite an improvment over the 4-1 manifold you currently have.

I can fit you some Very Nears but I havn;t got the know how or the bits and bobs to time them. Saying that a couple of local members have just bought some gauges and maybe looking for a car to test them on *wink*

Did you get my mail re Xmas dinner 🤔

Gareth

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport with new wheels

Edited by - Gareth Harrold on 14 Sep 2005 16:08:23

OK then,

Suppose e go down this road of my Very Nears being fitted by a non professional

How much damage can be caused 😳

IE what am I risking

With regard to Xma dinner you're as bad as my sales orafice its months away 😬 😬 😬

Book me in but If I'm in Newcastle I'll have to owe you the tenner