Click here if you are having website access problems ×

couple of novice questions?

alanp

I'm considering entering the speed championship next year and sharing the car with my girl friend (total novice), a couple of questions for you all

Is a Graduate spec Grads car ok (with the correct tyres, etc) ? Vauxhall 1600 engine

I will enter the Graduates race series as well, so am hoping its just change the tyres, numbers and add a timing strut, or does anything else major need changing?

and is sharing a car possible? Novice and National B race licence holder?

thanks in advance

Graduate #121

• Area Representative

alanp,

Yes, sharing is possible and quite common.

Grad spec car is fine for class 1 - no changes needed to the car.

Non race nat B licence required for sprints, but your race licence will also be fine.

See you next year!

alanp.....my car is the same spec as yours (I think) and I run in class 1 with no alterations. It would be fantastic to see you in the Championship next year....we are a very competitive class but in need of a few more entries.... *thumbup* *thumbup*

Gordy

Me and my dad also share a car in class 1, it would be very welcome to see two more competitors in the class! *smile* Any advice would be that you should send off the entry froms for the events the very day you get them through low flying, some of them fill very quickly!

Matt

Welcome to class 1 alanp *thumbup*

I have just finished my first year of sprinting in class 1, it’s a small but friendly class and more competitors will be very welcome.

I even managed my first class win last Saturday at the Wiscombe hill climb ! ( before my old x-flow died on the line waiting for the final run, and had to be towed back to Reading ). AA membership or a trailer is a good idea.

Erm, just though I had better add, I was the only person competing in class 1 at the time. *tongue*

alanp,

As the others above have mentioned your car will fit neatly into class 1 and two drivers is quite usual with any speed event car.

Your graduates spec car should not require any change - but you may be interested in the two articles for newcomers to speed events that are located in Competitors Corner on the main L7CGB website. On there also are the regs for the events and championship for 2005. The various articles and the regs will be revised as appropriate for 2006 later on this year - but I would doubt there will be issues for you in Class 1.

Enjoy yourself.

Brian

alanp

Hope to see you next year at some / most / all of the sprints. Just to echo what all others have said & to add that this has been my first season competing in class 3 & it has been very enjoyable. You will soon get to know everyone.

Think we had about a dozen novices this year spread across the different classes. Hopefully we will have similar numbers next year.

The last of the L7C sprints is at Harewood (nr Wetherby, Leeds) on Sunday. If you are nearby might be worth a visit. Its an invitation event so plenty of other vehicles besides Caterhams to watch.

Gary

*thumbup* GrannY OrB TuneR *thumbup*

😳 Tweaker Of Fine Granny Orbs ! 😳

*biggrin* Superlight No: 170 *biggrin*

Thanks for all the posetive comments guys. Becky has her 1st 'on track experience with a caterham' at Silverstone in a couple of weeks then I'm sure we will both be entering 😬

Kipper -Sorry the budget doesn't stretch to two cars! and a real shame Rob couldn't complete the season :(

Graduate #121

• 4 weeks later...

Looks likes we will be going for this :) couple more silly questions

do we both have to be club members to enter?

are their 7 'named' events count for the championship or do we compete in any 7 from 13? it wasn't to clear

thanks

Graduate #121

Alan - It is any 7 from 13 in the season(although likely to only be able to count 2 visits to Curborough in the 7).

I think you'll both need to be members to take part (but I think you can add your girlfriends name to your membership??)

Just thought - did you used to own my black superlight with the white stripe?

Steve

Hi Alan,

Not sure where you have been looking but you should be looking at the Competitors Korner part of the main www.lotus7club.co.uk web site within which you will find the Championship Regs for 2005.

The answers to all your general questions should be within there.. Bear in mind though that these are the regs for 2005. For 2006 nothing is fixed yet and no regs have been published - Mark and others including me are working on the programme of events now (there may be more or less than 13 and more or less than 7 may count) - and there may well be some changes to general regs and specific Class regs. Normally the regs for each year will be published by the end of the preceding year - so for 2006 there may not be definitive regs until the end of 2005 or possibly into early 2006. The 'members only' rule for competitors is very unlikely to change for 2006 though!

Hope this helps.

Brian

Alan, I was a bit nosey and saw on the grads website you were a sarries fan, Ive had a season ticket for a number of seasons, so my dad and I should be at pretty much every match this season if you ever wanted to chat sprints or get some (mis)advice! 😬 *smile*