Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pace Dry Sump - K series

Mick Day

My solution was.......Essentialy a reservior powered by a wet n dry shop vac. Get the oil nice & hot. Insert your probe into the hole 😬 in the top of the tank. Switch on the shop vac & the oil is sucked into the reservior via the probe & the hose.

This is a home made lash-up. I only used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago & surprised myself how effective it was. It drained 6.5 litres of hot oil n around 30 seconds.

I've got no way of accessing any residual oil in the sump as I've done away with the dip-stick tube, so any oil in there had to stay unless I removed one of the scavenge pipes.

Alternatively you could use one of these here from car Builder solutions.

I've just bought an item similar to this here , but from Demon Tweeks, which is of larger capacity (6.5 litres).

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks the biz.

Last time I used a 1 litre syringe, which proved to be messy and slow. I scavenged the oil from the sump after emptying the tank by turning the engine over on the starter motor. Judging by the quantity of oil scavenged, I won't bother again and just refill the tank 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)