Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery Choice for 1700 xflow new question

strongy

In the market for a new battery for my 1700 xflow. *arrowdown* *arrowdown* *arrowdown* *arrowdown* *arrowdown* *arrowdown*

Should I go Oddesey, Red Top or Banner 🤔

Dimensions of battery that came out are -

H - 200mm + terminals

L - 175mm

D - 132mm

with round terminals.

I want to get the most powerful I can within these dimensions. Battery will be connected to an airlow meter 24/7 when car not in use.

Strongy, pratting about on Blatchat when I should either be working or getting ready to go home *wink*

Edited by - strongy on 11 Sep 2005 20:28:43

Edited by - strongy on 15 Sep 2005 17:46:48

I know the terminals are the other way around but, has anybody ever used a banner 53030 in place of a 53034? Same battery by all accounts, just terminals other way around 🤔

My stockist won't have a 53034 for 8-10 days, but has a 53030 in stock for £33.00 plus theft. *confused*

Strongy, pratting about on Blatchat when I should either be working or getting ready to go home *wink*

Went with a WestCo Gel battery in the end from the link that Manxseven posted *thumbup*

31Ah and 475CCA for a similarly dimensioned battery. *thumbup*

I'll let you know what it is like once fitted, time to fabricate a new battery tray now.

Tray and battery fitted *thumbup*

Car now starts on the first half turn of the starter motor. *thumbup* *thumbup*

Question though 🤔

Is it still OK to used my airflow conditioner with a gel battery 🤔 🤔

Haven't the foggiest - but the instructions that came with the Odyssey are pretty comprehensive about how and what to charge it with...

...and FWIW, the Halfrauds top-of-the-range charger I bought recently claims to do all types of battery including gel-types.

If you haven't got any instructions for either, I'm fairly sure you'll find a .pdf on the web - both are well-known companies.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com