Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec coolant hoses in the NW.........

Martin S.

Was the car fitted with the Jame whiting kit? If so the i'm in the middle of sorting out a

set of silicon hoses for this instalation. Do you need all of them as some of the standard ones on my

95 zetec aren't in to bad a condition. If interested i'll keep you posted on the cost for the silicon set.

Hi Rich,

Yes is was fitted by James Whiting and no they dont all need replacing, it's mainly the bigger bore stuff, the heater hoses are in pretty good condition. Let me know how you get on please with the silicon hoses, do you know if they do them in black?

Martin.

Hi Martin

The silicon hoses i've used are samco and i've been able to use standard race parts two hoses you can't get are the 45mm to 35mm 90 deg. from the front of the engine to the cross over tube( used 45 to 38 90 deg the straight reducer 38mm to 35mm) and the 19mm to 16mm 180 deg. from the thermostat housing to the bypass tube (as i don't run with a heater anymore i'm looking at modifying the bypass tube to allow the use of a 19mm to 16mm 90 deg reducer which should look fairly tidy), I'll list all the cost/parts once i'ts all done and tested. I've used standard blue hoses but you can have a range of colours (takes a bit longer not sure about the cost)

Richard