Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6SS MEMS ECU

Alias

Subject says it all really... Has anyone upgraded a SuperSport to an Emerald and have an SS ECU kicking around?

Yours hopefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1400 Supersport with 6 gears and clamshell wings *smile*

Rob,

you will need to specify Eu2 or Eu3 type *wink* Eu2 has distributor on the back of the head and 'symmetrical' engine top with centre plate cam cover. Eu3 has a big plastic engine cover over 2/3 of the top of the engine, biased towards the exhaust side and no distributor. Eu3 ecu also has 2 plugs - 1 large and 1 small.

It is most easily do-able if you get the ecu, immobiliser and plippers as a matched set but your current immobiliser can be re-used if the system is re-coded by a Rover garage or similar who have the kit. Our local Rover garage wanted £45+vat but others have managed to get it done for around £15.

Good luck, a few of us have managed to do this from a wanted ad on blatchat.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Edited by - Mr Locust on 9 Sep 2005 17:48:09

Edited by - Mr Locust on 9 Sep 2005 18:14:16

Thanks for the input, Ian,

I'm not too sure - the plan is to upgrade my 1.4SS to an 1.6SS by putting in new pistons and liners into my engine. I'm assuming this will be EU2 but have asked Rob Walker for his advice on this.

Ah, now I see. I upgraded from 1.6 std to 1.6ss with cams and ecu - no other cahnges. Might be worth seeking out Stu Forshaw or Malcolm Hickey (Englishmaninwales). As they have made larger capacity upgrades with 1.4 ss as a starting point. They would know whether you can do this using the std 1.4 kit or if larger injectors etc are required.

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

Edited by - Mr Locust on 11 Sep 2005 15:42:08

If you upgrade from a 1400SS to an 1800 you can keep the existing MEMs unit and just swap the the larger 1600/1800 injectors. Stu Forshaw has a great document explaining the upgrade.

If your 1400 is more than a few years old then it will be an EU2 engine

Edited by - Allen Payne on 11 Sep 2005 17:36:45

Hi Mick,

The car is N Reg (1995). I'm pretty confident that it is damp lined but ought to double check.

The plan is to take it to a bulletproof 1600 spec for as cheap as possible (I like the rev happy nature of the 1600).

Rob,

Mine was a 95 N 1400 (std not SS) and was wet. I went the Stu Forshaw route (with an 1800 block, 633 cams + head port) and I'm still running on the standard 1400 MEMS.

Are you going for a new/1600 flywheel ? - If not, your current flywheel probably has the old tooth pattern and you need to check if this works with a 1600 MEMS. I might be interested in your 1400 SS MEMS if you do go 1600 .

Dave.