Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Electrics

JonnyS

Can anyone help on a couple of really simple electrical questions:

1. Just tried to start my Seven this w/e only to find that it was turning over v slowly. I'm pretty sure it is the battery. Anyway, I thought of buying a charger - but which one? There are so many models with different amp ratings. Where do I start?

I just want a cheapish one. I found this at http://www.littlewoods-index.com/index/rf.inf.RFServlet?pathinfo=index/IndexShopHome.html&search=310-455&aff=d_data&affsrc=shopsmart. Do you reckon that'll do? It seems reasonably priced. I understand that I need to undo the top-up screws at the top of the battery when charging.

2. The boys at Ratrace did a lovely job fitting a flip-up-and-push starter and cut-off switch. It obviously still works with the keys and immobiliser. To start the car, I turn the key until the point before ignition, and then hit the push button. However I have noticed that I don't have any ignition lights at the point before ignition. I also can't remember what it was like prior to fitting the switch. For those of you without a switch, do you see the ignition lights prior to starting the engine? I get the lights if I stall the car (on purpose obviously :)

Jonny