Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series Dry Sump Oil Temp Sender

EFA

As the laszy C(o)unt hasn't bothered to psot this yet today, I will.

His engine 1.6 SS D/Sumped EU3 has a short piece of braided hose from the block, and two wires from the loom all exiting just behinmd the front pulley, to a T peice with an oil press sender and an oil temp sender. The pressure ender has two cables (both very short) running to it, but the temp sender has nothing. Theres also a temp sender for oil in the bellhousing on the lower pass side. Again there is no signal cable for this.

So where do you mount the oil pressure sender and do you extend the wiring to it? AND which oil temp sender do you use and where is the sensor lead??

Count has the Stack dash, but the std insrument wiring also appears to be in situ so I think this is non critical.

Anyone been through this build stage and has the answers???

Build effort to date BTW is AW: 28 hrs CRRB: 18 minutes

His coffee's not bad though......

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Arnie, I have a similar set-up. extend the oil pressure wire, white with black trace. I was on the right side of my car tywrapped to the brace. I ran a separate wire for the oil temp sender with a switch on the bell tank to go from oil to water temp. Just a note, the threaded ends of the brass tee don't match my sending unit. Tom

Arnie, I have a very similar setup to Counts car. Ive just emailed the engine loom diagram for reference. The oil temp used is the one on the bell (has two spade terminals). The t-junction with the oil pressure and (unused) temp sensors is mounted on the chassis bar (bar parallel to sterring rack). There is also a short extension between the presure sensor and the engine loom.

Adam