Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Champ standings etc... NOW POSTED

Silver 21

Hi All

Back off hols and need to sort out champ standings etc to include Llandow, Curb 3 & 4 and Aintree. I hope to get these done by Wednesday at the very latest (work permitting), so you all know where you stand.

After Robs thread I will show how the Novices are placed at the moment as well

All being well should be spectating at Wiscombe 😬 😬 😬

results now posted here including Novice & Ladies Championship Standings

There may be some mistakes as I've had to complie 4 rounds, 3 championship standings and the overall championship as well as sorting out dropped scores, please let me know if you feel I've got it wrong 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 7 Sep 2005 09:35:29

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob

I don't see anything in the regs that referes to this, it states:

"The class Champions, Novice Trophy winner and the overall Champion will be decided from the best 7 results out of the 13 rounds – but only a maximum of 2 results from Curborough rounds will count.

The Champion for each class will be the one with the most points in that class. The overall Champion will be the person who has scored most points overall. The Novice Trophy will be awarded to the novice who has scored the most points overall.

In the event of a tie for the overall Champion or Novice Trophy, the results from the best scores for 8 rounds will be counted and at this stage if this fails to resolve the tie the result will be declared a tie. This may include results from 3 Curborough rounds."

We don't actually mention a Ladies Championship but I think it should follow the same rules

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

OK - no problem, must have been only a discussion point at some time...

it might be worth for next year considering this next year, less rounds to count for those championships 🤔 jus that doing 7 rounds is a a reasonable undertaking for a lot of other drivers not withstanding being a novice...

just a thought *thumbup*

rob

Do I get the impression people are unhappy with the amount of rounds we have done this year and how many count 🤔 🤔, this is the first I've heard of it *confused* *confused* *confused*

Graham

Competition Secretary

For what its worth I think the number of rounds is great & would of loved to of done them all if it was possible, & 7 to count to the championshipn is fair as well *thumbup* *thumbup*

Just can't quite work out how JAP has beaten me to 2nd place in class 5[ without actually beating me at any round we both did (Loton park excepted opps 😬 😬

Edited by - DSL on 7 Sep 2005 13:44:44

All

A few people have said to me that they have been put off entering the championship as due to other commitments they cannot compete in 7 rounds. I personally believe that we have to make the championship as attractive to as many potential competitors as possible whilst making sure that the number of rounds that count is meaningful. I was planning to canvass peoples opinion when the calendar for 2006 becomes clearer.

BB

The championship standings for Paul Collins needs amending as he has 8 rounds counting towards his score.

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Mark

The danger is that if few too rounds count then its not a championship, people will stop going to the events as they know it won't make a difference. I don't think 7 rounds over 6 months is too much, if you keep as many rounds but make less rounds count it just doesn't work as people only go to the events where they know they are likely to score maximum points *thumbdown*rather than attempt a new venue such as Longcross etc.

I suggest you look at how scoring rounds v number of events compare in other championships before changing it drastically *wink*

Thanks for spotting the Paul Collins one, I'm sure there are others but I was getting tired after approx 6 hours of trying to sort results.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*arrowup*

Well change the points system instead then 🤔 *smile* so that the points you score doesnt depend on the number or entrants or Quality of competition at any venue .

I have mailed you off line Mark with the scoring system used in south west sprint series .

In a nutshell , class record + 10 seconds = bogey time

Points = difference between your actual time and the bogey time to a maximum of 12.00 points , times less than the bogey time = 0 points

So an experienced class leader will be competing against his class record , it provides everyone with a benchmark rather than being dependant on who else turns up . Also the occurance of maximum scores will be pretty rare or absent , as you are unlikley ( class rule changes aside) to lower the class record by more then 2.00 seconds.

just my 2p .......... *wink*

Dave

I also think it is listed in the MSA Blue Book how many rounds have to count.

You could always increase the number of rounds available to say 15/20 then stipulate that a few, maybe 3/4 are mandatory events, (Llandow/Curborough for example). By increasing the rounds you open up more choice to competitiors around the country. It would be great to have Gurston Hillclimb in the championship but there would be no way that they would accept 30+ caterhams into an event.

L7 BDA Supersprint Joy here 😬

I for one would be strongly against reducing the number of rounds that count.

In my opinion it would devalue the whole affair & could turn it into a bit of a micky mouse championship.

If that were the case where would the motivation come from to stick with this series as opposed to any number of full term championships available, you could find an reduction in numbers over the course of a full year as people see no need to do more than a hand full of rounds, where as previously they would have strived to do as many as is possible.

A reduction in qualifing rounds could well spark a mass exodus of die hard sprinters to more "serious "championships where there is a reason to plan a whole seasons calender of racing.

Having said that to encourage novice entries, something along those lines might help with numbers for the novice championship After the first year they will all be hooked and will do all the rounds the year after anyway 😬 😬

Just my thoughts on the matter *thumbup* *thumbup*

From a novice's perspective

Re: No. of events

Although I would of liked to compete in more rounds than I did some of the limiting factors for me were:

1) Lack of trailer, so events too far afield are not particularly appealing.

2) Like others work gets in the way despite planning a year ahead!

I will admit that for the 2nd half of the season I have had the pleasure of trailing thanks to a loan from a fellow club member.

Re: Points Scoring

Dave J's suggestions sounds good & as he says you points scored is very much dictated on who turns up. Even though it was a nice feeling for me to achieve 2 podium finshes this year. Being realistic this was because usual front runners were absent from meet.

Something to discuss at presentation dinner?

Gary

*thumbup* GrannY OrB TuneR *thumbup*

😳 Tweaker Of Fine Granny Orbs ! 😳

*biggrin* Superlight No: 170 *biggrin*

Manx - well I guess the + 10s could be abitarily changed to 20s if we decided that...

My main concern with DaveJ's proposed scoring system is that it only really rewards those at the top in terms of performance & skill/knowledge/expereince. And to a lesser extent could potentially dis-encourage those further down the pack, they could turn up drive out of there skin , win the class and get only a few points....

also how do you deal with new venues, does the FTd (per class) get teh maximum points - seems obvious, btu wanted to check

I do undersatand the point about it being about it being about not who turns up on the day, but hey if someone on the day turns up and is fastest why shouldn't they get the maximum points....

don't think there is a perfect scoring system and not saying this idea shouldn't be discounted

rob sitting on the fence *smile*