Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1600vx (Blydenstein)

DJW

1600vx (Blydenstein) Spec as follows:

1600vx 8v Classic

Registered Nov 97 on an R plate (15,000 miles)

5 speed live axle

Black paintwork with cycle wings

13” KN minators (black centres) with Yokohama A021Rs all round

Polished 4-1 competition exhaust

Caterham cloth seats with head rests

Caterham harnesses

Heater (currently not fitted)

Aircraft style ignition switch and big red starter button

Full weather gear including tonneau cover

Momo 260mm removable leather steering wheel

Fire extinguisher

13,500 miles

Tax and tested & Recent service

Caterham build manual and extensive document history

Blydenstein bespoke cylinder head modifications: ‘B’ pack, flowed and ported with 39mm inlet valves. Matched with kent AST 15 Cam and power pulley (new springs and followers with the cam). Rolling road results 139 bhp @ 6000 rpm / max torque 135 ft lbs @ 5000 rpm.

The Blydenstein work has improved the standard engine beyond recognition. The outcome is car that is far more drivable with improved torque and power throughout the range (low down and mid range power is excellent). What’s strange is you also get improved mpg.

Pictures here

£8,700

For further information, please either contact me on 07803 126137 or email: djwhitelam@tiscali.co.uk

Darrell

Coo - looks lovely - wish I'd kept my Vx 8v and done the Blydenstein thing instead of getting a superlight... I'm even thinking of "downrgading" to something like this - struggling to justify the extra cash tied up in the SL compared to something like this given the amount I use it. but I'll never get round to doing anything about it I suppose!

I'll just wander away quietly now and talk to myself 😳

What a great car and at a very very keen price. Anyone who buys this car will get alot for their money! *thumbup*

The Blydenstein converstion on mine has totally transformed the car giving it 140 bhp,lots more torque and on a car that weighs 504kg.

Good luck DJW don't suppose you will have to wait long for someone to take it off your hands! 😬

Ian