Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So how well did you all get on at Curborough

Bilbo

Hi

What no posting about how well you all did on the days this must be a first *confused*

Results 🤔

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 1 Sep 2005 22:56:34

I'll open the bidding then. I was only there on Saturday, first time at Curborough.

Practice 1 - span at first bend after getting wrong gear. Went straight back to the start line 😳 with a 2.45s 45' time it was going well until then...

Practice 2 - span at Fradley on exit. Power on too early, but not 4WO - 89s

Timed 1 - Added 3psi all round to 19psi (16" ZZ3s) on advice from Bigyin (thanks). A bit timid (understandable) on first lap. Into the 72s.

Timed 2 - Pushed a bit harder. 1s faster - into the 71s. Better but not brilliant.

But.... I beat the 3.5l V8 locost in class 2B. 😬

Roll on next year! I have LOTS of time to find.

Steve

Bilbo

BB is on leave so the results will not appear until next week at the earliest. From memory (apologies if I get any wrong) the class winners were as follows:

Saturday

Class 1 - Charles Fitzhugh

Class 2 - Richard Price

Class 3 - Paul Dickens

Class 4 - Andy Griffiths

Class 5 - Dave Jackson

Class 6 - Brodie Branch

FTD including beating the single seaters - Brodie Branch

Sunday

Class 1 - Matt Jenkins

Class 2 - Richard Price

Class 3 - Paul Dickens

Class 4 - Andy Griffiths

Class 5 - Dave Jackson

Class 6 - Brodie Branch

FTD - Brodie Branch

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

• Area Representative

Mark,

I thought it was Darrell South that took class 5 on Sunday?? (not that I was watching their times, but I recall being suprised at the awards presentation that it wasn't Dave Jackson who took class 5)

I got pretty much as close as I could to being humiliated by Alex Minchen........ and I was trying very hard. A bit too hard really and couldn't decide what gear to use where - I've stacked the ratios so close together that I had options at all corners! It was fun fighting the car in 1st gear out of the corners, but I don't think it was the quickest way.

A great piece of driving by Alex to get himself up to speed so quickly in a strange car! *thumbup*

Edited by - Alex Wong on 2 Sep 2005 15:29:40

Richard, all i have got to do is convince my parents that it will be a good idea to rip out the heater, leather seats, carpet, fiberglass wings/nose, non adjustable shocks and roll bar, heavy wheels, hard rubber, small brakes and brake pads and replace with foam seat, carbon fibre wings/nose, fully adjustable shocks with racing springs (lowered and flat floored for me), magnesium wheels with soft 1A rubber *wink*, big brakes (i'll see what is lying around at work in the brembo cupboard) with Pagids all round. Thats after the full engine rebuild. We'll then see if 61 seconds is a long way off 😬 😬 😬

Robert Herring

Rob@gprdirect.com

GPR Direct Motorsport Equipment