Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-series alternator

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Looks like my alternator has given up the ghost. On the upside this may have been the source of my electrical drain that was flattening the battery so replaceing it will hopefully solve 2 problems!

What is the part number or source of the alternator? Engine is a 1997 1.6 K-series.

Any recommendations for sourcing one, preferably an exchange unit and preferably around the Slough area. There is an auto electrical place on the Slough trading estate so if I know what the model is I can take it there to get it refurbished or exchanged.

EDITED to say that the Rover part number is YLE101520, the Magenetti Marelli part number is 63321238A and there is another number on it A1151-65. Rating is 14V and the numbers 23-97 are printed on it. This is a post '96 Rover 200 alternator and the Rover price is a ridiculous £183. I managed to source an exchange unit in Slough at Quickstart for £88 inc VAT.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 31 Aug 2005 11:00:15

Shaun,

I know that my 1998 K has a Rover branded alternator but I can't get to see the details on the label.

I would suggest you remove it and take it along to the auto electrics place and say, "Can I have one of these please".

Steve.