Click here if you are having website access problems ×

High Spec Vauxhall for sale - NOW SOLD

Bobo W

Thanks for the interest but the car has now been sold.

There seems to be a plethora of highly specced vauxhall engined cars available at the moment at very reasonable money. This posting is on behalf of a family friend who is selling the following car. It's a pretty comprehensive list but here's the specification:

Caterham Super Seven 2.0l Vauxhall - Red with black pack

Race built for Vauxhall Championship using race chassis, by Hyperion, for Caterham

Vauxhall 2 ltr Minister race engine - Sealed 190hp as verified by Minister but further modified since with new cam

Twin 48 Webbers

Dry Sump

Recent conversion by Taylors Foundry Motorsport (www.taylorsfoundry.co.uk ) from hydraulic clutch with drysump oil tank in bell housing, to cable clutch with separate oil catch tank and STD bell housing (a fantastic reliability modification from the original Caterham/Vauxhall dry sump)

AP racing clutch

Quafe 5 speed straight cut gear box (recently rebuilt by Taylors Foundry Motorsport)

Limited slip 2F Dif

Caterham full race chassis with additional welded diagonal underfloor and engine race struts

Honeycomb aluminum strengthened floor pans

Big AP racing brakes

Brake bias valve

Wide track front suspension

de Dion back suspension

Minilite wheels with Yokohama A32Rs

4 into 1 plated race pipes into stainless race exhaust

Race battery

FIA bag fuel tank enclosed with honeycomb aluminum panel protection

FIA roll bar

Plumbed in fire extinguisher to cockpit and engine bay, with pull switch on dash

S type Caterham seats

Caterham Full 4 point race harnesses

Carbon dash

Stack data logging dash

Momo suede quick release race steering wheel

Recent insurance Cobra imobiliser

Battery master switch

Race fly screen with mirrors (for track day and race)

Full weather gear including Screen, side screens, Hood and tonneau (for taking the wife out)

flat floor setup for the 2005 season and full geometry chassis check

New aluminum racing radiator with new electric cooling fan

New quick racing steering rack

New upper and lower steering column + clamps + Universal joint

New track rod ends

New front anti roll bar

New vertical link n/s

New wheel bearings

New top and bottom rad hose

New rad cooling fan switch

Coolant change

New nose cone

Plus some spares:

Set of brand new minilites with new CR500s used for one half hour track day session

2 spare Yokohama A32Rs for track day use

Wind Deflectors

Price £14,000

If you want anymore information or pictures then please drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with the seller direct.

Edited by - Bobo W on 5 Sep 2005 16:20:51

Edited by - Bobo W on 12 Sep 2005 11:53:26

Apparently the reason for the new parts was as a result of a minor off at Cadwell. There was no chassis damage but the race company undertaking the repair felt the need to lighten his wallet by renewing as many bits as possible.

Also I have been given duff information by the vendor in that the car is not actually an HPC rather the chassis number indicates it was originally supplied in Kit form as a race chassis.

Bobo, I councur with Mike. We discussed and looked at the photos of your car at some length when he viewed it. The ECU your car is running is a std sealed VX race item. These cars developed 180-185bhp. Any more power thru internal mods would require a new ECU as the MBE unit on the car (in said photo's) is not reprogrammable. If you were sold it on the grounds of it being 240bhp I'd be having words with the person you bought it from.

In every other sense, it does sound like a good car , and "the additional welded diagonal underfloor" would suggest it was once a Caterham VX Challenge car. Good examples of these are becoming rare. Road registered even rarer.

I am sure you will find a buyer as soon as the market picks up again.