Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dave J - How much power

Martin S.

My brain keeps wandering back to the 646BHP you mentioned in your post the other day Dave.

646 WHAT that’s mad, is that per ton or actual power, how the fcuk are you going to be able to control that. Will this weekend be the first time you've driven it in anger?

BRG De-dion, 2Ltr Dunnel Zetec 165, now with slippy diff 😬 (Anyone got any S.H. adj platforms and widetrack?)

Edited by - martin s. on 24 Aug 2005 15:30:52

401 + 245 = 646 *tongue*

I reckon the rst V8 will actually be slower than my Hellier 1900 K as curborough isnt a power course and the RST isnt setup and I will only have driven it on the public highway prior to Sunday morning *eek* ( Drivers excuses #35 , #456 & # 213 ) 😬

Aim is to get below 60 seconds and more than 119 mph across the line *cool*

*cool* great news Dave *thumbup*

And I'll be back with the RST V8 , some decent rubber instead of the CR500's ( drivers excuse #34) and a half decent suspension setup (drivers excuse #67)and maybe a little more than 10mins experience behind the wheel on the public road, I could go on with loads more excuses but you would only wet your pants laughing 😬 ........ maybe I was simply crap 😬 😬 😬

Basically with the problems concerning coils breaking down and throttle pots failing the bloody thing was very difficulty to drive - it was like no power.......BANG coil wakes up .....massive power *mad* ......... ohhhhhhh........ 🙆🏻 ................grass .......... *eek*

Finally we had a half decent power delivery in the afternoon but I simply couldnt get any traction in the 3 gears down the straight . You might think I'm realy moaning about this , but honestly I can only equate trying to accellarate the RST hard is like trying to drive my 245bhp at Llandow in the wet with ACB'10's on 2 weeks ago . The engine realy does have monster power , I was using maybe quarter throttle round from the hairpin to the molehill and then onto Fradley and the thing was still stepping sideways *tongue*

I'm currently tossing up the offer to drive the RST at Brighton Speed trials on the 10th, that should give it a chance to strech its legs *thumbup*

Give a little time and some decent testing for setup and we will then see what the potential is *tongue* *smile* *thumbup*

Gotta say though, many thanks to Russell for allowing me to drive it *thumbup* . It is up there on the 3rd shelf of the Chemist with the ultimate laxatives 😬 one hell of an experience *thumbup*

dave

Dave you should definately enter the Trials if you can with some proper hillclimb slicks. This is what most people use down there due to the surface.

If you need any help getting in/changing classes etc Tony Johnstone's the man to talk to. The car would have a very good chance to get the record in the over 2lt category in my opinion.......

Being the centenary event it would be a good car to bring along. The course is also virtually twice as long as Curborough's straight so it will give the car a good chance of really getting going.

Hope to see you there.

Home of HTR700