Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Yellow/Carbon SLR on trailer

catman

Because nobody spots me when i'm out ☹️ and I know the deflation I feel when I check Blatchat *mad* I felt the need to register this afternoons spot *thumbup*

M42, south of Birmingham, Eastbound at 4pm. What looked like a Yellow/Carbon SLR on a trailer *biggrin*

Hope this post gives the owner reason to smile *wink* Owning such a fine motor car should always be acknowledged *thumbup* and the owner given the full chance to claim ownership and reep the applause 😬 for making such a fine decision *thumbup* Hope you were having fun 😬

K16 TOY Superlight No12

yellow/carbon.

Catman - you are a living legend 😬, my first spotted and bought a huge smile on an otherwise horride day of trailering. Was on my way back from Angelsey to Sevenoaks - takes less time to get to the Ring!!! *eek*

Having said that - I recognise your number plate - Weren't you at Anglesey too? Yellow with black nose?

Duncan.

Duncan, glad to bring a smile to your face and claim the spot *thumbup*

Are you the owner of C7 SUP ? the fastest 7 on track !!!

I was at Angelsey on Friday, my first trackday and a great experience.

I have to say, exiting the pitlane is as good as penertrating a fine woman !! that true sense of achievement 😬

Managed a 51 second lap which was really pleasing for a first outing (70mph average). CR500's now buggered, thinking of trying Yoko 048's next, any thoughts ?

Ian

K16 TOY Superlight No12

yellow/carbon.

Hi Ian, yeah it was me in C7 SUP - small world eh?!?.

Top day all round last Friday and certainly a lot better than a 2 1/2 minute lovin session with the mrs.

Good to meet you, makes the day complete when people chat and introduce themselves in the paddock etc.

Glad all is OK with the car despite the tyre wear, I'm the same, the rear ACB10's are no more.

Must get to Hyperion for a proper set up so they wear out in sets of 4!!!

I'm looking at other track days now so will mail you if you fancy it? Perhaps Bedford.

Cheers for now,

Duncan.

It is a small world !!

There's another trackday at Angelsey on the 21st October that many 7 owners are booking. I believe there is info on here somewhere, booking is with Mav. If you can't make it there, will see you at the "Ring" sometime !!

Ian *thumbup*

K16 TOY Superlight No12

yellow/carbon.

Hi Duncan

So that was you that I passed on the way back from Brands last Monday between Eynsford & Otford? Having spent all day being overtaken by you, I eventually got you back, but only because you were trailering your car home ☹️

I didn't realise it was you - you've been to my house with Nick Young when he first bought his Vauxhall Seven - I'd have come & said hello if I'd realised it was you in C7 SUP - sorry!.....

Anyway - this is a second Spotted for you 😬

Mike

Blimey - no spotted's for 6 months then two in a two days!!!!

Ian - anytime for a blat, road or track. My technique isn't the smoothest/quickest but sideways is great fun!!! 😬

Mike - It all becomes clear - I remember coming to see your car with Nick when I was looking for a car, couldn't wait till a blade came up for sale though!!. Funnily enough we've just gone through Westerham to drop the cars at Oxted Trimming to have some covers made. *cool* Yours was looking strong all day at Brands I seem to remember, another day we were lucky with the weather.

Dunc.

Very lucky with the weather at Brands, it was a lovely day. My car ran faultlessly all day, even running double sessions all day, with Sue & I both being in our own sessions, so 40 minutes of running per hour *smile*

You should pop in for a cuppa/beer next time you're passing Westerham, if you remember where my house is *tongue*

Mike

Hi Nick - fancy seeing you here!

I'm around Saturday morning, so come on round. Not sure about making beer, but I'll give it a go. I can tell you about Stan starting up Sue's car & driving it over the grass, through the fence, into our neighbour's garden, and into his car on Monday. Not bad for two and a half, specially as the car's a manual, not an auto........

Mike

Huge thanks to Mikey for the cups of tea, kitchen roll and the extensive tools on Sat - the car goes suprisinlgy well on VW spark plugs and is at least 5KG's lighter without all that water in it!!! 😬

Thanks also to GT4 Blade who got his hands dirty on a rare day off and didn't charge his usual rates!!! 😬

Dunc.