Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Paint

I reply to every thread

AVES - you can (must?) get special garage floor paint - I went down to the local do it all and bought some there, lots of different colours (not that thread again)

if you have concreet floor you will need to prep it and also put on some sealer

all in all it cost me 50 quid to do a small poxy garage, however I cleaned the garage for the first time a couple of weeks back and everything brushed off, and it is easy to mop up any little spillages!

it does smell rather badly and I got lots of dirty looks from her indoors (I can say that now) for a week after. In fact she has recently complained that I spent more love and attention on kitting out the garage than any other room in the house. Wimmin I don't understand them wink.gif

rob

Aves, the best paint for a garage floor is epoxy but it is expencive. It wont wear, even the wheels of a hydraulic jack will not wear the epoxy paint. Only negative point is that it may get a bit slippery when wet if you have a leather sole on your shoes.

The price is about 80£ for 5 litres and for a single garage you whould need about 3 litres.

Other option is that you come and get some for free !

Meanwhile you could hamster chocolats and beer over here and that is in Belgium ofcourse.

biggrin.gif

Even with a properly prepped, sealed and painted floor you may find, as I did, that when you park the 7 with warm tyres then move it again a few days later Hey presto!!!!! 4 neat little tyre footprints of bare concrete floor again sad.gif

What's more your nice Yokos (in my case) have got a nice patch of paint on them which is stuck like 's**t to a blanket'.

I now park the 7 on 4 pieces of Wiltons finest!!!

I went for the pale grey to improve the lighting which together with the brilliant white walls and foil faced roof insulation

works a treat.

Brent

Edited by - brent chiswick on 22 Nov 2001 23:03:26