Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Leatherhead - Springfield Drive

Mike Bey

Was it you? Leaving the office at about 7:15 last night? I was trying to catch you up in my Seven over the speed bumps leaving LogicaCMG, and you were directly in front of me, but 100 yds away. Ever try to catch somebody up on a road over speed bumps in a Seven? Most frustrating *mad*

You were in what looked like a pearlescent purple/blue car with HPC wheels.

Mike

Mike - you beat me to the draw - well, the keyboard, anyway 😳

I was going to post a message asking who was the red and ali coming out behind me - I presume it was you? But I went to Wotton Hatch last night, so didn't get on the PC till now. Thought you might be there?

And the car's actually Titanium - must be the evening light.............

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

Mike

I've worked at KBR for the last six years, and have driven a Se7en to and from work since August 2003 - first a yellow 1.6 with green stripe and now a titanium 1.8. Might have seen you last year? - posted a thread before 'Spotted' was split out as a seperate forum, but it was interrupted by someone who evidently did not appreciate it and I closed it down *thumbdown*

LEO 3eggs

Anton

OK - I saw your yellow one a few times in the last couple of years. Do you drive your Seven in every day?

I've been here for over 3 years (used to be in our old office down by the station for a couple of years before that), & have been bringing my car in from time to time over that period, so you may well have seen me before.

Mike

Mike

I don't have a second car - I sold my old 626 V6 GT to help finance the yellow Se7en, so both of mine have been all-weather, everyday cars. And the roof is rarely up *smile*

The yellow one has been driven in snow and ice, and I was extremely surprised at its good behaviour. I suspect this one won't be quite so good as it is all to easy to slide the back end.

What type is yours? I've seen several different ones on the campus - in fact, just before I bought the yellow one there were half-a-dozen in the KBR car park, but now there are none (except mine). Do you go to the Wotton Hatch at all?

LEO 3eggs

Hi Anton

You're a brave man using it every day - how long is your drive in?

Mine is a Vauxhall HPC, currently on Brooklands screens. I went to the Wotton Hatch a few times about 5 years ago, but not since. I live in Kent & have been to the North Kent meet a couple of times, but again that was several years ago.

What sort is your current Seven?

Mike

Mike

15 miles of mixed town and country roads. Not a bad run, but can be very frustrating at times with traffic tailbacks and the slow moving, hog the centre of the road types I have to follow in the evenings (mostly BMWs, oddly enough, the bigger they are, the slower they are) ☹️

It's an 1800K 140bhp SV, with cloth seats (luxury!), full screen and all the weather gear. But mostly It's driven roof down and half a tonneau on *cool* My wife calls it the four-wheel deckchair when it's sunny, and the freezer at other times

I have to say that I look forward to going to work rather more than when I had my 626 - and I'm definitely more awake when I reach the office - being an owl rather than a lark mornings don't suit me so the cold breeze wakes me up 😳

LEO 3eggs