Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DRY SUMP BULK BUY FOR ALL Caterhams!!! (inc VX & ford!)

Kevsta

Some of you may have seen my other thread relating to a bulk buy for Rover k-series dry sump system bulk buy. If you read the thread (well my bits mainly) you will see that I have already managed a discount of 15% of pumps, sumps, belts, tanks etc and 20% off pipes and fittings. This is open to all Club members and I have been informed by Roger King at Pace that they will also offer this for VX and ford engined Caterhams too!

So please can you give me your interest at present (even if you are not sure just yet) as this discount is with a 5 unit bulk buy. If I get it up to say 10 or even 15 then even more discount could be had!

Either reply on this thread or the other one...its just about getting number of interested people at this stage.

Kev

Kev,

already have dry sumped x-flow but planning to add oil cooler infront of rad. At same time I'll be replacing all hoses.

Would be interested in joining bulk buy as I expect Roger would actually know what approx length many of these hoses need to be (and preferred routings etc).

Dave.

Be very careful fitting the Pace Slim Jim pump - particularly using the rear bracket on a VX. The 4 main bolts have to be torqued equally and you should ensure the pump spins freely before fitting the belt. This is not particularly easy to do as you are reversing the logical; order to set things up.

If the pump scews under uneven bolt torque, the resultant metallic particles will lunch your engine.

Hi already have a pace 5 port pump for an x/flow ,new internals fitted by Neil a year ago and never used .Would like alloy cast dry sump pan full length drain channel.Will need all lengths of pipe and fittings if Roger king can inform of lengths of pipe and fittings.Oh already have an oil cooler also.Thanks Geoff

Kev

I am interested too.

I have an 1800 SV. Just a couple of thoughts though.

No long ago it was suggested the Hellier (probably spelt wrong) baffle would offer significant benefits to those wet sumps, and since then some people have reported problems.

I am also dissapointed with the Apollo tank solution which I have tried, and I was not impressed by;

a) Running oil lines next to the exposed belt drive.

b)Found this installation resulted significant engine rattle on start up.

c) Oil changes were an absolute pain.

This dry sump solution will be significantly more expensive so-

1) Can somebody provide full details of how this system works and fitting requirements, or point to where this can be found?

2)Who in the club has this system and is prepared to share their experience?

MAk

Yes, the deign of four long bolts that hold it alltogether is rather cr*p. *thumbdown*

There are no dowells to centralise the segmants which is rather odd, as once loosened all the segmants can rotate about 2-3mm putting the main shaft under duress. *eek*

Next time mine comes appart i will have it dowelled. *idea*

Carbon Components from K9 Composites