Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Dry Sump Bulk Buy!!! Updated with rough COST!

Kevsta

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it this way instead...

Emerald and TBs...car goes very fast in a straight line and your bearings get really knackered during the next corner as they are having more bhp to withstand without any oil...or...DS and take each corner as mad as you like as you won't be looking at your oil pressure guage and can concentrate on the road ahead...then when you upgrade to emerald and TBc next year you won't need to rebuild the bottom end too! (Depending on upgrades of course 😬)

Not being pushy for more (as we have more than enough for the 5 but anymore will help us out to get more discount *thumbup*)...just trying to show you why we are going for it over such mods...

I know that going DS is the sensible thing to do but it is putting reliability in front of extra speed. That's not a an approach I take very often in my life 😬 Having said that there will be a few more horses available when the crank stops having to paddle through an oil bath.

Best option of course would be to do everything at once *eek*

Steve

Superlight #63

No convincing needed really. I have already made my mind up that I should go DS - in fact I was in touch with Pace a few weeks ago to get prices. Only question is going to be whether I will have funds available in your timescale hence my earlier post. I would say that I am 90%+ sure that I will be a yes it that helps.

Steve

Superlight #63

Kev, I'm interested subject to price.

ref the TBs emerald vs DS argument, running the crankcase at a vacuum (as a result of installing a DS system) reduces pumping losses (air being pumped from one cylinder to another in the space under the pistons) and reduces losses from having an oil cloud swirling round the crank.

IIRC from Bell, running the crankcase at a vacuum is worth 3-6% more power.

So more power and greater reliability - you can have your cake and eat it!

Martin

Roadsports B

If everything's under control you're going too slow (Emmerson Fittipaldi)

Exactly! Any more horses are always welcome and I will be confident in the oil reaching everywhere it should and so will probably spend more time looking where I'm going and may also go faster that way (rather than looking at OP all the time!)

Sealed engine is what I have heard you can do whcih will allow this vacuum...I'm game!

Kev, I have posted on another thread that I am interested 1.6k but not on this one and as I dont have a heater the cheaper tank that fits on the bulk head would suit me fine.

Presume that a December order will result in a Jan/Feb delivery?

Grant

😬 183 BHP of black and stone chip excitement. 😬

here

I've just fitted the Pace DS system to my 1.8 K. Here's my breakdown of the prices I paid.

Pace dry sump kit £1009.04

Brise kidney shaped tank. Mine had

several small additions that might have

hiked the price up a little. £280.24

Filter head, Braided hoses & fittings,

& a take-off for SPA gauge. From Think £361.64

Total...............................Gulp........£1650.92

Edited by - Davesport on 27 Aug 2005 09:24:29

As a contrast a year ago I fitted the Caterham dry sump system but with a standard Pace dry sump tank where the passenger footwell was. The costs were (roughly)

Shorten Passenger footwell plate £32

Dry Sump bits from Caterham £1050

Tank & Pipework from Think Automotive £225

That was with standard rubber oil hoses and a tank that Think reduced as it had a slight dent in it.

Regards

Allen

Just to keep people updated, I've got around 10-12 pretty sures/definates, and 12 maybes. We were offered the discount on 5-10 so if we get these numbers to around 15 I would think the discount would be even better. Don't worry, no-one has to reply again saying interested, as the time comes closer I will blat mail you all to start asking for confirmation.

Am in contact with neil at pace too so we're on our way to sorting it all!

Regards

Kev