Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Dry Sump Bulk Buy!!! Updated with rough COST!

Kevsta

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a few E-mails with Roger King at Pace and am in contact with Neil...they are more than happy to set up a bulk buy purchase at a very good discount. Lets just say that if we were to order 5 units they could give us enough discount to be buying it at the non VAT price (15%) and thats for all parts like pump, sump pan, DS tanks etc. They will also give us 20% off the prices for pipes and fittings. So people, I'm 1, and I can count 3 more since my last big addition, that leaves room for one more to get this amount of discount! Any over that and they might be able to push the discount a little higher (just to say that this is not what they have said but I am guessing...if we were to double it to 10 units then I would think the discount may be a little more!)

So, those of you who were interested if the discount was substantial...it don't get much better than this! I have also had a thought...its best if we put the order in before december 31st as their price list is reviewed then (don't want it going up on us and our discount going down) so those that wanted it earlier may be happy too *thumbup*

Regarding how they will be paid for, I have a couple of ideas I'm bouncing with pace and I shall ensure it is all done fairly. Individual requirements WILL be catered for (ie if people want different tanks, hoses, fittings etc) and whilst it will be a nightmare for me, I'll try to make it as easy as I can for you guys!

One more thing...they have said that this is open to ALL engine varieties that they supply for so includes VX, X-flow etc! I will post a seperate thread to gain interest that way too!

Think they should make me a REP! (BTW I have no connections with them what so ever!)

Kev

I believe that pace won't sell a brise style oval tank due to brise saying they can't. I could try and speak to brise and see if they will do a deal ont he tank (though I think it is quite expensive - circa £300 compared to £150 for the pace round one....problem being locating it but as I said I will swallot this problem and fit where batt is).

Bullman, as in my other post, pace will do the same deal for all DS systems for all caterham engines so that shouldn't be a problem!

Chocolate television, here is a very basic run down:

Sump, pump and fitting parts £840 (including VAT and discount)

Pace 6.5" tank £144 (including VAT and discount)

So far as the hoses and unions go I don't have any real prices to go from. I have asked for a catalogue and whether they will be able to supply the unions etc so should be hearing fairly soon on that side of things. I would gues they'll come to around the £150 mark max though.

So thats a grand total of £1134!

If people want to do more such as remote oil filter (£60 I think from when i looked last year..I haven't investigated this yet!) and fancy catch tanks then these would need to be added but that is it! Then factor in selling your apollo, sump, pick up etc and it drops to just below £1000 which is damn good if you ask me. You could almost forget the oil pressure guage (I might be able to concentrate on the corner I'm going round then instead of whincing!)

When I get more confirmation on prices I will let you all know and if I get enough numbers for a bit more discount i will try!

Kev

kev

Have you spoken to Neil at Pace about tanks, I'm pretty sure they're doing kidney shaped tanks for caterham K series now.

We have also developed an oil tank combination specifically for the Caterham chassis when fitted with the 'K' engine, and would be pleased to advise on these.

From here

I am also still interested.

Roy.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

I haven't spoken to him yet but I have sent him an e-mail. I'm not rushing the process as I am trying to let as many people register their interest so I have as many numbers as possible to get as much discount as possible! If they do a kidney one then I would probably go for it but not at the brise price. I guess £200 would be manageable. I will ask him about it though...thanks for pointing it out.

I'll add you to my list (we are over 5 now! *thumbup*)

Kev

Great news then that pace will (can) do the oval tank. 7 wonders, was it you I spoke to yesterday? Either way (roy was the guy) it has been said that brise do not own the rights as it was designed by mike smith. Therefore we can have a (similar) batch built that would fit infront of the engine and be close to the oil pump etc and prevent lots of messing around. If £200 is there price then thats very reasonable as their 'normal' tank is £150. Great solution! When I hear more I will let everyone know but neil at pace hasn't replied to me yet (as its summer I'm guessing he is away etc).