Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Dry Sump Bulk Buy!!! Updated with rough COST!

Kevsta

Cost so far is:

Pace sump/pump etc: £841.95

Tank: £unknown at this stage but will let you know as soon as I do!

Hoses and fittings for a set-up the same/similar to Mike Smiths: £238.46

Remote oil filter: £unknown at this stage but will let you know as soon as I do!

This is a total of 15% off the sump/pump etc and 25% off the fittings and pipes. These are for JIC ali fittings which are more expensive but smaller and better and for push lock hoses. Those wishing to braid would need to increase the price etc but that can be discussed with pace as they will tailor each order individually. I just thought it best to give you guys an idea (and this is the route I am going).

SO that comes to £1080.41 but you still need the tank and the remote filter (but I don't think this is a must and there are cheaper options). This is a saving over the £1700 for a CC version and in my eyes is a much better system but still needs the other two items. I don't like to guess on prices so I won't but Neil and Wayne have assured me that the tank will be of very high quality and specifically designed for the install. They may be using my car as a test bed for the best design. I would guess it would become a tank to buy for the caterham rather than an individually designed/order tank. They are being very helpful in contacting me and keeping this rolling given how busy they all are. Very Professional bunch!

I am starting a sepreate list for who wants one...see other post!

Edited by - kevsta on 24 Oct 2005 12:26:33

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. If anyone else is doing this already then I apologise and will lock this thread.

It *has* been discussed in general terms, but I don't think anyone has picked it up.

I might be interested (OK, I am interested, but it all depends on £'s etc. etc.)

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Just to give people a general guide, it is believed that a pace dry sump system with brise tank and fittings can be doen for about £1000 (I think is a few quid over but not by much). If we can get enough numbers then I don't see why they won't do a discount as they only make the sump and pump in batches so I presume we can order a batch (when i spoke to them last year the guy said they had 2 left and were going to be making a new batch soon so this is an assumption at this stage).

I'll try and dig out all the info I have on it all this week and maybe give them a call next week once we have a good idea on numbers and see what they come up with.

Those of you that are saying you are interested if a suitable discount should note:

It is £700 cheaper than a caterham DS system

It is often cheaper than rebuilds due to aeration/oil starvation etc

You will be able to make back about £300 on your old parts (sump, baffle, pick up, apollo (if fitted)) so it becomes £700 for an excellent and well developed DS system.

How could anyone refuse?! 😬

If you fancy a read up on the sump and pump (whcih is two stage as opposed to CC's single stage) then look here

Kev

Interested dependant on price, I'l probably discuss tank options with Pace before deciding on which tank to use and where to stick it *smile*

Also ideas of pricing on braided hoses with the blue/red fittings (ali ?) would be good so we can compare with Think automotive prices on hose kits.

I may want it earlier than december.

Roy.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

I spoke with the guys @ Pace a couple of weeks ago regarding tanks, the offer the 6.5" version which is an easy clean tank (clips in 2 ) however I've never seen an instalation on these, the alternative Brise 'oval' version fits directly in fornt of the engine (similar to the Apollo), downside is this is expensive and IMO not as well made as the Pace version.

Back in x-flow days you could fit a DS tank against the bulkhead, has anyone tried this with a K instalation?

Their 6.5" tank offers around 51/2 litres so it's well up on the CC belhousing version.

• Leadership Team

Pace setup is £843 +vat, which adds up to £990.53. Add to this a tank - if you need to kidney one to fit in front of the engine you're probably looking at around £300, giving a total of approaching £1300.

With a bulk buy it'll probably be the thick end of £1100 to £1200 🤔

Stu.

Hmmm...needs some more investigation...an alternative place for the tank could be where the batterry goes and relocate that to the boot or onto the bulk head (I don't have a heater so there is a big space for it!) and at £145 it offers a substantial decrease in price over the brise oval solution (I have also heard that the brise position has problems with over cooling the oil and most heat wrap it and fit a laminova...one day I will too but this is all my budget for upgrades this year!).

Think do offer a substantial discount at 25%! I have a list of the fitting used on another caterham instal and the fittings and hoses came to about £136 for fittings and the hose was £8 per metre (for a coloured blue hose and the fittings were mostly JIC and they are push ons...believe me they DO NOT come off as I found on an old cross with DS!). Best to factor between £150-200 for hoses etc then, so plus the tank at £170 (including theft) and plus the actual sump etc £990 that comes to £1360. I suppose then its a catch tank (either a 'proper' mocal or a bottle/can of some kind) and I think its optional to chnage to a remote filter housing (£60 I seem to recall).

So...the question now being people...If the total price does come in at say £1450 for EVERYTHING above....what price would people consider to be 'a suitable discount' (please bear in mind that I don't think any more discount can be had from think on the fittings and hose). Would we say that £1200 would be a bargain or are people not interested if it comes to that?

I am going to go ahead with it anyway as I'm sick of reading about sump baffles that don't work (not to mention the mrs making mine take off by using the sump as a ramp!) and watching my oil pressure drop (plus I think I have some oil flow related problems with the head on my VVC!). So...new list please from below this message on who is STILL interested so I have a rough Idea of numbers I can take when calling Pace. Please also remember this is for the Pace tank and not the Brise oval tank!

Regards

Kev

Am still interested, but ideally would prefer not to move the battery as a) I'm colourblind and have thus successfully avoided electrics in my life to date and b) technically incompetent anyhow.

I could move it as I have the academy chassis with short footwell ,but would think the sump tank is better up front near the gubbins it connects to.

Also would ideally prefer it before Xmas but thats not a showstopper

My current set up is laminova and apollo, I would be looking to retain laminova and sell the apollo (unless anyone thinks they add anything to a dry sump set up)

thanks !

The 6.5" easy clean tank from Pace is excellent. However, for a RHD car an installation in front of the passenger (with a shortened footwell) is going to be messy as the tank is on the wrong side of the engine - compared to the pump. For a LHD car it is perfect.

The Brise kidney tank is probably the best option.