Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Championship Awards Lunch & Forum for 2006 Postponed looking for change of venue & date

Silver 21

All

Following discussions with Mark and other club members we have decided to postpone this date and try and find another venue and date in November by the end of the week.

Once we have done this we will write to all registered competitors giving details.

Sorry for any hassle this may cause (Richard Price)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 7 Sep 2005 15:47:34

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 12 Sep 2005 09:07:44

I'll be there *thumbup*

On the subject of a the technical forum Graham and I are looking for two volunteers from each class. For classes 2 - 5 we would like one representative from within and one outside the top five and for classes 1 and 6 one from within and the other from outside the top 3.

Each member would then represent the members of their class.

More details on what is to be discussed to follow *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Mark - I'm happy to get involved as someone on the cusp of the top 5 of class 3, but could only really offer a numpty viewpoint as I'm definitely non-technical. If you want the numpty point of view let me know and I'll happily join in, but I would understand if you wanted the more technical guys such as... well ... all the others I guess !

Steve

As I will be assuming the role of Competition Secretary I wish to remain impartial and therefore I do not intend to represent any class at the forum. In depth technical knowledge is not required however, good common sense and a realisation that we do this for fun would be much appreciated *thumbup*

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Oh bu*ger - looks like I am away that weekend - probably not back until Sunday pm.

If I do end up missing it, then I will have to make sure the technical forum rep for class 2 gives us poor xflow boys (or old men) a 2-3 second head start!! 😬 - or add balast to the chinese-engined cars! A handicap system based on actual (not mental) age perhaps.......

Apart from the date I think it is a really good idea.

Mike

the 9th should be ok.

technical commitee: In class 3, and in the top 5 it should not be anyone with a 1.6k as they will be of to DVA. Then again if it left to the 1.8k's it could get even more confusing. Could we set up a sub commitee to discuss the best posible candedate 😬.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With only 16 people interested in attending the lunch this is looking like its not going to happen, is anyone else out there interested in coming to the Awards Lunch 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔.

I want to confirm the food etc but with so few coming forward it might be a problem, can you spread the word at Wiscombe etc

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*