Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

MBE 956i

AMMO

I've managed to borrow an MBE 956i ignition only ECU and loom for my Zetec. I'll probably manage to keep it until I upgrade to fuel injection sometime in the future. I think this unit is now discontinued. It is already loaded with a map for an 1800 Zetec.

As I won't fit it until the end of the month when I swop the engine there a few questions I'd like to ask.

If I do not run the throttle position sensor will the unit automatically default to 2D mode? Does anyone have the required lead and software for me to check with my laptop what's going on? I'd like to check the map, where the rev limit and shift light have been set. I'm not familiar with MBE products so any help gratefully accepted.

AMMO

You can make the cable simply from a few bits obtainable in Tandys.

I will email you some pin out info for the lead and the ECU. (see note below)

I also have the version of EASYMAP you need to program the box. On top of the ECU is a version level for the ECU see below:

956aa17i Version 170 - 179

956aa20c Version 200 - 209

956aa26d Version 260 - 262

956aa46b Version 460 - 465

956ba46b Version 460 - 465

Let me know the 956XXXXX number written on the ECU and I will email you the correct config file.

I also have access to MBE's download area if you need any other S/ware

A couple of the files you need are large so email me your preferred email address......

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>