Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Returning to Curborough after long lay off

Grahame W

Can you experts out there help with a few dum questions.

Have I read blue book correctly that SNELL 95 helmets are still acceptable till the end of this year in non international events?

Can scrutineers at Curborough re sticker helmet with latest blue approval sticker

Blue book also indicates FIA 86 race suits still acceptable at national level, is this true?

Do sprints require full fireproof sealing of boot area and is it still required even with a bag tank?

Do sprints require the normal race stickering such as tow points, extinguisher, cut off etc?

Thanks for any guidance

Graham,

Just to answer a few of these:

Snell 95 helmets are acceptable this year only - scrutineers hace started reminding people that they won;t be OK next year. (Q10). Not sure if the scrutineers at Curborough will be carrying any stickers.

FIA 1986 standard overalls are OK for non-international events.

Isolation of the boot area is highly recommended (Q14.1.2 and probably others). Most scrutineers expect tghis area to be sealed off - erven with a bag tank.

Normal race type stickering is required for the battery master (ignition switch if no battery master) and any extinguishant and tow points. ALso under the bonnet you need tape on the battery earth.

In general look under the notes I have written under the Competitors Korner side of the main L7CGB website - the main recent change is that fixed head restraints are mandatory for all cars - including roadgoing. Do a search on head restraints under this area and you will find my original thread from last year.

Hope this helps,

Brian