Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil pressure

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Looks like my head gasket has failed but there might be another problem as well. The oil pressure drops very low at idle (as low as 15 psi when hot) and at highish revs it rises to around 300psi. At first I though it might be the sensor or a poor earth but the readings are consistent and rev related so perhaps there is a more sinister problem.

I could get the HG fixed and be back on the road while I have a new engine built but I don't want to do that if there are other major problems with it.

What do these symptoms sound like they could be caused by? Is it really likely to be just the sensor? Could they even be related to HG failure?

Yellow SL *cool* #32

What instrument are you using? I'm guessing SPA or Stack - as nothing else reads that high... *wink*

The SPA sender (for instance) shows around 300psi when it fails. I would suspect Stack to do something similar.

I rather suspect (but this is not backed up by experience) that 300psi would result in oil appearing virtually everywhere but the insides of your engine...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com