Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

injectors

bikkel

hello everybody

I'm intending to upgrade my zetec 2L

at first jenveys throttle bodies and later flowed head+ cams.

I don't what injectors to use:

i thought: power aim= max 190 hp; 4 injectors --> +/- 50hp /inj.

so it "must" be:

- cosworth

- audi tt ( 180/225 HP)

- porsche

- calibra turbo

- volvo v70 / 850 t5® turbo

Can anybody give me a hint what injectors to use ( not too expensive;)

Thanks in advance

koen de jong

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~keuntje/

2L hkt 7

www.hkt-7.de

I've used Weber "green" injectors at 4 bar for engines with 75/80 bhp per cylinder. Can be used with about 2.5 /3 bar for your required 50 bhp per cylinder. About £60.00 + VAT each.

Weber also do the very trick looking PICO injectors which are much smaller. Only 40 grams in weight as opposed to 100 grams for a conventional injector. I can get these for the same price. There are about five different flow rates for these injectors. Which one you use will be dictated by the fuel pressure and rpm of the engine.

Don't know if there are any cheaper ones as these are the only brand I'm familiar with.

AMMO

190BHP isnt a lot to ask from your standard injectors, the K series stock injectrors flow enough for 220BHP at 4 bar, I've a couple of sets of these lying around, one set is new. Cosworth greens, yellows or blues (actually OTT) will do the job as will the standard VX16 valve injectors.

I have a comprehensive list of Bosch injectors kicking around with flow rates/BHP equivalents together with part numbers and OEM fitment if its any use.

If you'd like a new set of the K injectors let me know, they are yours for £40 the set.

Oily

Edited by - oilyhands on 19 Nov 2001 22:41:13

One thing worth mentioning is that some pumps don't like being run with a higher fuel pressure regulator. Some will be more prone to failure. Before Ducati went to twin injectors they used to run single "green" injectors and 5 bar. The pumps failed on a regular basis. Also when trying to bump up road pumps some will simply not reach 4 bar or will be straining to run at this pressure.

The "green" injector running 2.5 bar is used as standard on pretty mundane motorcycles with not a lot of power per cylinder. It should not be viewed as a competition injector that is OTT, just a flexible component that can be used in varied applications.

AMMO

Edited by - Ammo on 20 Nov 2001 08:06:26